Around The League V.2

The Texans want at least 3 1sts plus more for Watson. We should offer them 5 1sts and a 2nd. With 3 of those 1sts being Ferrell, Abram, and Arnette plus our 2022/2023 1sts and the 2nd being Carr, lol. 

On 7/25/2021 at 1:48 PM, Totty said:

So.. Chandler Jones wants a trade from Arizona.  I would be 100% on board with this. The most consistent pass rusher in the game.  This is the type of piece and player we want to help get our defense where it needs to be.

Thoughts?  

He's already 31. While he's great, I would rather trade a 1st and additional draft capital for a defensive tackle. I think Crosby and Ngakoue are good (assuming Ferrell rushes inside) If you told me we could get a Buckner/Chris Jones type of player for a 1st and a few other picks, I'd be a lot more game.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Dont see the Raiders making a move for a DE. They got Yannick and Crosy with a young guy waiting and Jones wants to be paid and be get paid a lot! 

Both are young too. Again I can see us moving for a DT or MAYBE a CB at some point, but not a DE.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Dont see the Raiders making a move for a DE. They got Yannick and Crosy with a young guy waiting and Jones wants to be paid and be get paid a lot! 

Jokes aside, I don't want to spend big on D. Our D isn't just a player away from being serviceable* (yet, pending Bradley's results). 

If we were to spend big, go with someone on O to take us over the top. If it is a defensive guy, make it a DT or lockdown CB or S who is young enough to make it worthwhile. 

Jones is good, but my interest in a 31 year old pass rusher is fleeting at best for the price he'll command. 

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Texans want at least 3 1sts plus more for Watson. We should offer them 5 1sts and a 2nd. With 3 of those 1sts being Ferrell, Abram, and Arnette plus our 2022/2023 1sts and the 2nd being Carr, lol. 

Hell no. 

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's already 31. While he's great, I would rather trade a 1st and additional draft capital for a defensive tackle. I think Crosby and Ngakoue are good (assuming Ferrell rushes inside) If you told me we could get a Buckner/Chris Jones type of player for a 1st and a few other picks, I'd be a lot more game.

I give up a lot to get a Jones/Buckner type player.  I would have rather drafted Kinlaw and rolled the dice but nothing we can do about that now.  We can improve on defense without a dominant DT but not as much as most here would like.  This defense would look very different with an impact player in the middle.

• Like 1

Xavien Howard just requested a trade. 

Mike, Jon, please. We will not win more than 9 games with this atrocious corner group. It was ranked the third worst corner group in the league (and that may be generous). 

I would give a 1st easy. Howard is the best play making CB in the NFL. And a Top 10 overall coverage corner. 

On 7/26/2021 at 3:33 PM, NYRaider said:

Dude, WTF?

• Like 1
22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Xavien Howard just requested a trade. 

Mike, Jon, please. We will not win more than 9 games with this atrocious corner group. It was ranked the third worst corner group in the league (and that may be generous). 

I would give a 1st easy. Howard is the best play making CB in the NFL. And a Top 10 overall coverage corner. 

Mullen, Hayward and Lawson is not a BAD group IMO. I wouldn't say it's exceptional, but it's not bad at all. Howard is great though.

• Like 1
On 7/26/2021 at 5:31 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Jokes aside, I don't want to spend big on D. Our D isn't just a player away from being serviceable* (yet, pending Bradley's results). 

If we were to spend big, go with someone on O to take us over the top. If it is a defensive guy, make it a DT or lockdown CB or S who is young enough to make it worthwhile. 

Jones is good, but my interest in a 31 year old pass rusher is fleeting at best for the price he'll command. 

I don't know about that if we trade for Xavier Rhodes this defense is looking at lot better.