Around The League V.2

Totty

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They are gonna get torched. 

You think so? I thought the biggest problem was Harris/Abram in coverage. If Moehrig can limit big plays deep, I think we'll be respectable. And joseph/gillespie can fill in at strong if Abram falters.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

You think so? I thought the biggest problem was Harris/Abram in coverage. If Moehrig can limit big plays deep, I think we'll be respectable. And joseph/gillespie can fill in at strong if Abram falters.

Lawson isn't terrible but he's certainly below-average. Mullen looked awful the second half of the season, jury is out on him whether or not he'll be good this season. As for Hayward, looks like he lost a step last season. A big step. I'm hopeful it was just injuries for Hayward, but almost every single time the Raiders take a chance on a player to rejuvenate his career, never works out. Especially on defense. As for Arnette, he has not shown a single positive yet in his career or even in training camp. Everyone and their mama except Raider fans said he wasn't an outside corner when he was drafted, and likely that's true. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Lawson isn't terrible but he's certainly below-average. Mullen looked awful the second half of the season, jury is out on him whether or not he'll be good this season. As for Hayward, looks like he lost a step last season. A big step. I'm hopeful it was just injuries for Hayward, but almost every single time the Raiders take a chance on a player to rejuvenate his career, never works out. Especially on defense. As for Arnette, he has not shown a single positive yet in his career or even in training camp. Everyone and their mama except Raider fans said he wasn't an outside corner when he was drafted, and likely that's true. 

Nah this is all hyperbole. It’s absolutely not a bottom 3 group in the league. You’ll see this season. 

On 7/26/2021 at 2:34 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Of that, I have zero doubt whatsoever.

There's a good chance that Ferrell, Abram, and Arnette are demoted to back up roles this year and Watson is a massive upgrade over Carr. At least we'll have our firsts in the future to draft more studs like Ferrell and Abram.

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

our pass rush sucked last year, so the DBs looked alot worse. We need to put pressure on the Qbs to help our Dbs. 

Also if you look back they didn't get beat 1 on 1, most of the big plays were blown coverages from having a defense to complex.

• Like 2

Arnette was rookie with no camp who got hurt few times. rough year for him. doesn't mean he will never be good. plenty of guys have bad roomie seasons even guys people wanted over him.  

this year is big year for last two draft classes. that's all ill say

• Like 1

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

Arnette was rookie with no camp who got hurt few times. rough year for him. doesn't mean he will never be good. plenty of guys have bad roomie seasons even guys people wanted over him.  

Arnette and Ferrell, those the two guys I'm worried about. Big year for both, to show they are players. I'm alot more confident Abram and Jacobs bounce back this year 

On 7/30/2021 at 3:26 AM, roi34 said:

Yeah this is where I'm at with the whole team, Carr included. This is a good year to know what we have. I think we can push for a winning record/playoff spot. If we can't, then there needs to be some serious conversation about changes being made.

I do think the team is set up well for 2022. A lot of young players growing into roles. More time for the young OL to gel. Lots of cap space. Etc. But I want to see at least 9-8 this year, if not a wild card spot. My first instinct is that we'll narrowly miss the playoffs, but we'll see. I have some hope for this coaching staff to develop our young players.

On 7/31/2021 at 7:10 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah this is where I'm at with the whole team, Carr included. This is a good year to know what we have. I think we can push for a winning record/playoff spot. If we can't, then there needs to be some serious conversation about changes being made.

I do think the team is set up well for 2022. A lot of young players growing into roles. More time for the young OL to gel. Lots of cap space. Etc. But I want to see at least 9-8 this year, if not a wild card spot. My first instinct is that we'll narrowly miss the playoffs, but we'll see. I have some hope for this coaching staff to develop our young players.

100 percent. 

This year is big for me too. Wrs should learned from last year's game experience. we have good depth at WR as well and vets available. RB same thing. Oline will should be ok, but interesting to see, run blocking needed boost for sure. Dline has better depth and two legit ends now. Secondary will be key again as well as pass rush. But ... if we don't win 10 it's time for a change. 

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

100 percent. 

This year is big for me too. Wrs should learned from last year's game experience. we have good depth at WR as well and vets available. RB same thing. Oline will should be ok, but interesting to see, run blocking needed boost for sure. Dline has better depth and two legit ends now. Secondary will be key again as well as pass rush. But ... if we don't win 10 it's time for a change. 

10wins not gonna get us in the postseason