Around The League V.2

Totty

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

With regard Burns I wasn't that impressed, Crosby is better overall I think. Burns is fast and explosive as a pass rusher but just gets obliterated when a blocker squares him up.  Haason Reddick looks like the better pass rusher to me?

Very interesting to see Darnold now he's escaped the debacle that is the Jets.......

Burns has a sack in every game this season and was living in the backfield. He still needs to grow into his body but he has the explosiveness and bend to be a premier pass rusher. 

I was the biggest Haason Reddick fanboy on the forum entering free agency last year, dude is nasty. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Burns has a sack in every game this season and was living in the backfield. He still needs to grow into his body but he has the explosiveness and bend to be a premier pass rusher. 

I was the biggest Haason Reddick fanboy on the forum entering free agency last year, dude is nasty. 

Burns is a good pass rusher for sure, like I say, he has explosiveness and real flexibility but his sack he was totally unblocked and even then nearly did an Arden Key. He flashed for sure but Crosby looks a much better overall player to me. Reddick just looks like lightning out there, so sudden. I like the look of Luvu too, I remember him from playing with the Jets a couple years ago where he looked promising. Very fast and direct.

Happy overall we got Crosby though, he looks stronger this year and his motor is just constantly running hot. I think you hit the nail on the head in that Burns still has to grow into his body and fill out, I don't think he's ever going to be a good run defender but he's got something 95% don't as far as his pass rush athleticism.

5 hours ago, G said:

Imagine had we got Bosa and Crosby. I'd forgotten Mack's name. lol

Yes, I do quite often! That would have been something. TBH I thought Ferrell would have been a very good player though, I did like him if I'm honest but he's not been remotely worth the pick so far....... He's looking more and more like a complete bust every week.

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yes, I do quite often! That would have been something. TBH I thought Ferrell would have been a very good player though, I did like him if I'm honest but he's not been remotely worth the pick so far....... He's looking more and more like a complete bust every week.

No one saw this coming. I thought he'll be above average DE with 8-10 sacks and a good run stopper. 

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No one saw this coming. I thought he'll be above average DE with 8-10 sacks and a good run stopper. 

Looking back I’m guessing some analytics factored into Kolton Miller being selected because of his Athletic Profile. Then you have Clelin Ferrell well… a robotic try hard type. Interesting dynamic a ying and yang if you will when coming to selecting players

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Looking back I’m guessing some analytics factored into Kolton Miller being selected because of his Athletic Profile. Then you have Clelin Ferrell well… a robotic try hard type. Interesting dynamic a ying and yang if you will when coming to selecting players

I feel like all first rounders should be athletic beasts unless they are VERY VERY special with their technique or a QB that can process and has other traits. 

31 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I bet you anything that if Gus Bradley with the DC we would’ve drafted either him or Josh Allen 

I think Bradley would have gone Allen or White.  Allen was more of a need but White adds that speed and attacking LB.  We had Morrow, Whitehead, and Burufict that year.  White would play a similar role to what he does in TB next to Morrow.

• Like 1