Around The League V.2

Totty

6 hours ago, NickButera said:

Tonight's game is another reminder that every qb, elite, great, or the best playmaking QBs have down games. Carr made some bad calls last week, but it happens to everyone 

That is true but in the Ravens were coming off of a super physical overtime game against the Vikings on a short week. 

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Jevon Holland is a stud, going be a star. idk how you can be a gm/scout and not identify the stars at position of need and reach on a guard.lol... Holland even returns punts, something about DBs who return kicks is impressive. 

Another Duck I pounded the table for. He was slept on hard. He's going to be a terror in year 2. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That is true but in the Ravens were coming off of a super physical overtime game against the Vikings on a short week. 

The reason can be anything. Miami also threw something new at Lamar, more db blitzes than any QB has ever seen before in a single game. Dude had someone unchecked running free at him almost every other play. 

Point is, no one's calling for them to move on from him. Which seems to happen to Carr after any bad game. Well, this year hasn't been as bad, but it's still happening.

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

The reason can be anything. Miami also threw something new at Lamar, more db blitzes than any QB has ever seen before in a single game. Dude had someone unchecked running free at him almost every other play. 

That's true. Josh Allen, Dak Prescott, Patrick Mahomes, and Matthew Stafford were all meh last week as well.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Sammy Watkins basically ruined the game did he get scared that  he would run into the goalpost on that td throw I mean the ball was definitely catchable 

not to mention the fumble that was a ugly game funny tho when the Mia guard tried to take the screen pass himself for the td lol wtf was he thinking 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Another Duck I pounded the table for. He was slept on hard. He's going to be a terror in year 2. 

To be fair, Moehrig has looked great, and still the preferred player. But Holland has been studly as well. 

Richie Grant is the one who has looked awful. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

To be fair, Moehrig has looked great, and still the preferred player. But Holland has been studly as well. 

Richie Grant is the one who has looked awful. 

Moehrig has looked great. I think he ends up a high end role player, which is great value. Holland has star potential 

18 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Moehrig has looked great. I think he ends up a high end role player, which is great value. Holland has star potential 

I think you can't blame anybody for picking Moehrig in the 2nd round. (I know you didn't)
This guy was seen as the best safety in this draft class and many guys out there would've taken him over Leatherwood in the first round. It was more of a miracle that he fall to us, and was picked as the 3rd safety.

Moehrig's plays for us are no highlight reel plays. And that's good. That means at least he doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I think you can't blame anybody for picking Moehrig in the 2nd round. (I know you didn't)
This guy was seen as the best safety in this draft class and many guys out there would've taken him over Leatherwood in the first round. It was more of a miracle that he fall to us, and was picked as the 3rd safety.

Moehrig's plays for us are no highlight reel plays. And that's good. That means at least he doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

TBH Moehrig and Holland are 1a / 1b - think both will be long term quality starters in this league. Moehrig has not racked up much in the way of stats but he is playing that deep safety most of the time whose role largely is to fix other people's mistakes.

This is the one year 8 NCAA teams should be in the playoffs. 

1. Georgia

2. Alabama

3. Oregon

4. Ohio State

5. Cincinnati

6. Michigan State

7. Michigan

8. Oklahoma

Would be a fireeeee playoffs. 

Georgia vs Oklahoma

Alabama vs Michigan

Oregon vs Michigan State

Ohio State vs Cincinnati

Ohio State vs Michigan State next week should be sick. 

On 11/12/2021 at 4:30 AM, big_palooka said:

I was all over Holland too.  I called him being a stud and someone who we should target in the 2nd round if he was on the baord.