Around The League V.2

Totty

55 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Lamaar def happy that some still see Wins losses as a QB stat. 
4 Ints and under 200 passing yards and your team wins must be a nfl record haha

To bad wouldve been great for the raiders. Need Cin to win that division

Honestly they probably will. 

Though I'd LOVE to bounce LaMVPar from the playoffs. 

There's something satisfying about watching the Ravens gimmick offense flounder. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm a Carr fan. But, if Carr would be willing to be traded, I would definitely want to find out what Caroline would give up for him. I think the convo starts at two firsts.

If he plays like he did against Dallas consistently keep him lol. Even if he didn’t get the td’s he played incredible. I go back and forth with the guy.

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

If he plays like he did against Dallas consistently keep him lol. Even if he didn’t get the td’s he played incredible. I go back and forth with the guy.

I don't think Raiders fans appreciate how consistent Carr has been since 2019. His game to game stats are pretty stable--and I would argue that's commensurate with the eye test, too. What makes it even more impressive is his surroundings have been anything but consistent--especially this season. His top receiver is going to jail, and he has one of the worst starting right sides in the league. The Raiders have really failed him.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think Raiders fans appreciate how consistent Carr has been since 2019. His game to game stats are pretty stable--and I would argue that's commensurate with the eye test, too. What makes it even more impressive is his surroundings have been anything but consistent--especially this season. His top receiver is going to jail, and he has one of the worst starting right sides in the league. The Raiders have really failed him.

That felt different on Thursday maybe I’m prisoner of the moment. His aggressiveness in the pocket and even running ffs. Hypothetically I’ve said he should take a sweetheart deal he’s not a flashy guy. Problem is WHO’s  going to be in charge of using the resources if he takes less to build up the team 

10 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

That felt different on Thursday maybe I’m prisoner of the moment. His aggressiveness in the pocket and even running ffs. Hypothetically I’ve said he should take a sweetheart deal he’s not a flashy guy. Problem is WHO’s  going to be in charge of using the resources if he takes less to build up the team 

Well, if draft resources continue to be squandered it won't matter who's the quarterback (unless we're talking about an uber elite guy).

And, regarding Carr, the player he was Thursday isn't different than the player he's been since 2019. It's not like he was scrambling a whole bunch; he just happened to find a lane for one long run. I'd argue the biggest difference Thursday vs. prior weeks wasn't Carr, it was Desean Jackson.

And, he shouldn't take a "sweetheart deal." It's not like the Raiders have been good to him. He could easily go for $35 a year elsewhere.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Lamaar def happy that some still see Wins losses as a QB stat. 
4 Ints and under 200 passing yards and your team wins must be a nfl record haha

Prime example on why that line of thinking is preposterous. That game was hideous. I thought we skipped a couple days and I was watching MACtion.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I don't think Raiders fans appreciate how consistent Carr has been since 2019. 

We could certainly do better than Carr but we could also do much, much, much worse. It sounds strange to say but really, we've been kinda spoiled. Do anyone remember the QB situation before Carr? Want to go back to that again? Didn't think so lol. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We could certainly do better than Carr but we could also do much, much, much worse. It sounds strange to say but really, we've been kinda spoiled. Do anyone remember the QB situation before Carr? Want to go back to that again? Didn't think so lol. 

You don't have even have to go back to Raiders' history. Look at teams like the Browns, Panthers, Steelers, Rams, Eagles etc. and how mercurial their QB situations have been. QB play, in general, has been unreliable, even from the top guys, this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I'm a Carr fan. But, if Carr would be willing to be traded, I would definitely want to find out what Caroline would give up for him. I think the convo starts at two firsts.

normally i wouldnt mind picks but cap space but given what we did with the Mack assets, i have zero confidence it works out well. 

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I was really displeased with his play in the bengals/giants games, but a lot of it was not on him. This team has definitely failed him. 0 stability. '

Edit: Ruggs situation really ruined things. I wouldn't go as far if it wasn't the case.

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

100%.

If Carr had 2 games on the season like Lamar Jackson had last night and against the Chargers, folks would be saying he sucks and singlehandedly holds our team back. 

A game like Rodgers had week 1? Demands to cut him immediately. 

Stafford the last 3 weeks? Carr would be castigated, flogged, and benched if some fans had their way. 

Mahomes against the stiff competition of Washington, Tennessee, New York, Green Bay? This place would crash the website. 

All of those "franchise" QBs have far better weapons, defenses, coaching staffs, or all 3 compared to us. 

Losing games always sucks, but Carr is not our problem. He's one of maybe 3 guys on the offense that would undoubtedly start for many teams in the league over what they have along with Waller and Miller. Maybe Renfrow? The rest of our offense would be backups, if they even made the squad elsewhere. 

I guarantee you that Simpson, James, Leatherwhiff, Parker, Jones, Jackson, and Jacobs have negligible trade value. Leatherwhiff and Jacobs might fetch a day 3 pick simply because of a giant "maybe". 

Folks can disagree, but I go back to what so many wanted to pretend last year: Tom Brady would've had us in the playoffs. 

No, Tom Brady would've suffered a horrid season with the crap we fielded last year and probably retired mid-season in disgust, while Carr won a Superbowl in Tampa without needing the D to absolutely bail him out from a disaster against Green Bay. 

Of last year's playoff teams:

Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Washington, Chicago, New Orleans, and Los Angeles would've all fared better chances with Carr than who they had. 

Tampa was on a war path top to bottom and would've likely won with Blaine Gabbert starting. Rodgers, Mahomes, and Wilson are better, yes, but that doesn't make Carr trash. And I only leave Baltimore off of the list because Carr and the offense they run would mix about as well as oil and water. 

So he's a better alternative for 7 of the 12 best teams last year, but he's what holds us back? LOL. 

Bet San Francisco, Minnesota, and New England would've made the playoffs with his play that "holds us back". 

Some people though, right?

I've come around to the "trade Carr" side for 2 reasons:

1. He deserves better than we've stunted his career with. 

2. When people see what he would net in a trade, it would shut a lot of haters up regarding how the league views him. (I wouldn't be shocked if there were GMs and HCs out there that view him as a top 5 guy stuck in a dumpster fire). 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 3

Playcalling was much better against Dallas and Desean is able to play a lot more snaps now. I don't think Carr played a great game. The throw to Helm should have been a TD with a bit of accuracy. A couple throws to Moreau and some of the deep shots weren't accurate either. But it's still better to take an inaccurate deep shot on 3rd down than a safe throw short of the 1st, especially when the refs decide to be flag happy like they were in Dallas. Better hope those calls keep coming though. All the DPIs came on 3rd down and if they don't get the flags, Bisaccia is sending the punting unit. That's 3 or 4 scoring drives greatly helped by penalties.

At least, they've finally stopped calling those WR screens.

Btw, Bisaccia has to get his ST coverage units fixed already. Fake punt vs KC and KR TD this week.