Around The League V.2

Totty

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Going full Jamarcus. Seriously.... what happened with this guy? He was shy, quiet and understated in Oakland. Gets traded and now he's become this guy?!? Never seen anything like it

Legitimately makes me wonder if he tanked to get off the team.  Maybe he was never happy in Oakland.

51 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Lol who cares that he bought a chain. Hes a rich 24 year old kid playing for the worlds most popular team. Get out his pockets. 

Coop is a good guy, I hate when player's leave the fans try to diminish the character of the player.

Nobody is diminishing the character. We're simply pointing out that he's basically done a 180 from who he was in Oakland. He was soft, got pushed around, didn't have a personality, etc. 

How many times do I need to repeat myself.  When asked about his feelings about being a Cowboy his first thoughts were the city and the facilities.  I can almost guarantee that Alabama has better facilities than the Raiders.  Dallas and the East Bay are very different.  We have probably lost out on a lot of FAs because of this.  If I had my choice of where to live it would not be the Bay area and would take less money from another team to leave.  People have different personalities but you expect a professional to like a professional.  Our FO better start to take this into account because when we move to Vegas the players environment is going to have a much bigger impact than it does now. For example a player like Aldon Smith or Justin Blackmon would never survive there.

51 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

How many times do I need to repeat myself.  When asked about his feelings about being a Cowboy his first thoughts were the city and the facilities.  I can almost guarantee that Alabama has better facilities than the Raiders.  Dallas and the East Bay are very different.  We have probably lost out on a lot of FAs because of this.  If I had my choice of where to live it would not be the Bay area and would take less money from another team to leave.  People have different personalities but you expect a professional to like a professional.  Our FO better start to take this into account because when we move to Vegas the players environment is going to have a much bigger impact than it does now. For example a player like Aldon Smith or Justin Blackmon would never survive there.

Facilities and city.. So no passion for sport you love? Dumb reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Nobody is diminishing the character. We're simply pointing out that he's basically done a 180 from who he was in Oakland. He was soft, got pushed around, didn't have a personality, etc. 

You compared him to Jamarcus because he bought jewelry, which I'm sure 90% of NFL players probably do the same thing. 

He hasn't really done anything differently in Dallas but celebrated a couple touchdowns and fight Marcus Peters, who we all know is a POS.

8 hours ago, true2form said:

Legitimately makes me wonder if he tanked to get off the team.  Maybe he was never happy in Oakland.

Ridiculous thinking because he made a freaking jewelry purchase. 

Amari was a good soldier here in Oakland. Hes a premier talent that never once complained about not getting the ball thrown to him for months. 

40 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

You compared him to Jamarcus because he bought jewelry, which I'm sure 90% of NFL players probably do the same thing. 

He hasn't really done anything differently in Dallas but celebrated a couple touchdowns and fight Marcus Peters, who we all know is a POS.

He bought the exact same necklace Jamarcus used to rock was my comparison. In Dallas he's been more vocal on and off the field. Personality completely different than what he showed in Oakland. It is what it is. 

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He bought the exact same necklace Jamarcus used to rock was my comparison. In Dallas he's been more vocal on and off the field. Personality completely different than what he showed in Oakland. It is what it is. 

His little fight the other game vs the DB surprised the hell out of of me. Compare that vs the time Pacman jacked him up and all he had to say was "I have to protect myself better".

The kid has definitely changed.

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

His little fight the other game vs the DB surprised the hell out of of me. Compare that vs the time Pacman jacked him up and all he had to say was "I have to protect myself better".

The kid has definitely changed.

What was he 20 years old in his first ever NFL game when Pacman checked him? Hes a grown man now I dont see why that's so surprising 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Ridiculous thinking because he made a freaking jewelry purchase. 

Amari was a good soldier here in Oakland. Hes a premier talent that never once complained about not getting the ball thrown to him for months. 

Yeah I agree. Some of the nation say he quit but then how do we explain his Cleveland and Denver game. Maybe he got checked out after the concussion he got in London after Carr threw the ball at his knees ? 

Edited by SimonGruber

Honestly the guy never showed half the passion he has in Dallas when he was a Raider. He was fine when he was here, but definitely has changed. Maybe it took how things went early this year and the trade to light a fire in him. Who knows? Something just clicks with him there. I can't lie though, it frustrates me, but what can you do? I still think the trade was the right call.