Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, drfrey13 said:

That was also how the Chiefs were able to blow the Bills off the line on the frozen field.  You have to be able to adapt and the Chiefs were able to over the issues.

They played the Bengals and their DL got after him pretty good for most of that game, 3 sacks, 5 QB hits, and only 42 rushing yards allowed on like 2 YPC. In both games the Chiefs got bailed out at the end by questionable calls.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

They played the Bengals and their DL got after him pretty good for most of that game, 3 sacks, 5 QB hits, and only 42 rushing yards allowed on like 2 YPC. In both games the Chiefs got bailed out at the end by questionable calls.

You are right.  I got my games confused.  It was the Bengals o-line that was blowing the Bills off the line in there game.

Obviously everyone has seen or at least heard about Taylor Lewan 1) hosting Raiders GM David Zeigler on the “Bussin with the Boys” podcast where he discussed Zeigler being his High School guidance counselor (plus co-host Will Compton played for the Raiders and seems to have a genuinely hold the franchise and the players he played with in high regard) 2) Lewan was released this week from Tennessee.

In Lewan’s next podcast he discussed how he has to get his knee healthy first then he’d decide if he wants to continue playing, but during this discussion he referenced playing LT and the tone of the conversation was he sees himself as a LT still and didn’t discuss playing RT.  In another interview right after this he was asked what it’d take for him to sign with Pittsburgh (it seemed like a Steelers themed podcast/YouTube page) and he didn’t say a number but when asked how about 1yr, 12.5M he asked what the taxes are in Pittsburg.  The overall tone seemed as if Lewan isn’t going to want to come back for the league minimum.  Plus, he can make near or slightly more than that with his podcast.

So…. I’ve seen Raider articles and heard people putting the idea out there about Lewan signing to be our RT.  I don’t really see this as a likely scenario… actually very unlikely. 
but the question I have for everyone is:

Is it just me or does Lewan look like he’s lost 20+ pounds, maybe more.  He played at 6’7 309/311.  But if you compare his face (had longer hair which might be the cause) last year to this year it looks significantly slimmer.  
I think for a guy like him it’s not uncommon to lose mass if your not lifting constantly and eating to keep weight on.

Sure, this isn’t very Raider related but him signing with us is a slight possibility and let’s be honest every time a player worth a darn is cut we discuss them.

I have no desire to trade or even sign Ramsey unless also traded for Rodgers… and financially that is very unlikely to both happen.

what’s the point of trading for the guy if your rebuilding? He isn’t going to want to play on a bad team for 2 years until a rookie QB hits is good enough to take you to the playoffs.  Plus, we’d be spending way way too much money on him for a rebuilding team.  I doubt he’d even want to come here anymore.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Obviously everyone has seen or at least heard about Taylor Lewan 1) hosting Raiders GM David Zeigler on the “Bussin with the Boys” podcast where he discussed Zeigler being his High School guidance counselor (plus co-host Will Compton played for the Raiders and seems to have a genuinely hold the franchise and the players he played with in high regard) 2) Lewan was released this week from Tennessee.

In Lewan’s next podcast he discussed how he has to get his knee healthy first then he’d decide if he wants to continue playing, but during this discussion he referenced playing LT and the tone of the conversation was he sees himself as a LT still and didn’t discuss playing RT.  In another interview right after this he was asked what it’d take for him to sign with Pittsburgh (it seemed like a Steelers themed podcast/YouTube page) and he didn’t say a number but when asked how about 1yr, 12.5M he asked what the taxes are in Pittsburg.  The overall tone seemed as if Lewan isn’t going to want to come back for the league minimum.  Plus, he can make near or slightly more than that with his podcast.

So…. I’ve seen Raider articles and heard people putting the idea out there about Lewan signing to be our RT.  I don’t really see this as a likely scenario… actually very unlikely. 
but the question I have for everyone is:

Is it just me or does Lewan look like he’s lost 20+ pounds, maybe more.  He played at 6’7 309/311.  But if you compare his face (had longer hair which might be the cause) last year to this year it looks significantly slimmer.  
I think for a guy like him it’s not uncommon to lose mass if your not lifting constantly and eating to keep weight on.

Sure, this isn’t very Raider related but him signing with us is a slight possibility and let’s be honest every time a player worth a darn is cut we discuss them.

Meh I think he’s done

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh I think he’s done

I do to.  I think the rehab grind is to high for the contract he’s get. He has income and a career after football.  Plus, he’s basically said he’d return if he could get to 85% of what he was. He won’t come back and be like Kyle Long, spending an entire season on PUP/IR and never playing.

For the Raiders, I think the idea of him Is many multiples of times better then what we’d actually receive.  It’s too much risk to bring him in as the starting RT because he could very easily be like Kyle Long and never play a snap.  

14 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I have no desire to trade or even sign Ramsey unless also traded for Rodgers… and financially that is very unlikely to both happen.

what’s the point of trading for the guy if your rebuilding? He isn’t going to want to play on a bad team for 2 years until a rookie QB hits is good enough to take you to the playoffs.  Plus, we’d be spending way way too much money on him for a rebuilding team.  I doubt he’d even want to come here anymore.

Ramsey been looking washed. no wonder Rams want to deal him

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Ramsey been looking washed. no wonder Rams want to deal him

Ramsey definitely had a very bad year in ‘22 but I think he’s one of those guys that when he isn’t challenged or things aren’t going great on the team he stops caring as much.  That’s be a major problem if we trade for him because we don’t factor to be a contender next year… assuming we don’t get Rodgers.  

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ramsey definitely had a very bad year in ‘22 but I think he’s one of those guys that when he isn’t challenged or things aren’t going great on the team he stops caring as much.  That’s be a major problem if we trade for him because we don’t factor to be a contender next year… assuming we don’t get Rodgers.  

he already won a title. He is looking to make as much money as possible. Close to 30, easy pass