Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My overarching point is, get talent. That's really it. Don't shy away from talent simply because "the state of the roster."

The only way to improve the state of the roster is to acquire actual talent. Of course the compensation and price weigh in. Ramsey, the juice probably isn't worth the squeeze. But he's the type talent you go after if the price is right. 

You have to take a smart approach to building your team though. And ideally you want to be rebuilding or competing, we're unfortunately stuck in the middle because of the contracts we gave out last offseason. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You have to take a smart approach to building your team though. And ideally you want to be rebuilding or competing, we're unfortunately stuck in the middle because of the contracts we gave out last offseason. 

Stuck in the middle because of the QB honestly as was the case the last 9 years. A better QB, could have won several games they lost last season. 

Unfortunately, only way to get better at QB is draft and hope you hit. The good teams hit on QBs in the draft.  

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Rams are potentially going to trade him for cap cutting purposes, if adding talent always makes sense, why are they trying to trade him?

Oh, I agree. He wasn’t the same player last year when I watched and I’d question his appetite unless he’s in a team contending. Could be a blip, could’ve been more. I probably wouldn’t make the move unless it’s for a really low pick.

Makes it all the more infuriating we didn’t get anything for Carr. He should have netted us at least a first. Then we could have gotten a QB and a top corner in the draft. Second round seems ripe for a DT or DE to fall to and Third round for a guard. Man, we could’ve really made big strides this off season 🤬

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 9:29 AM, big_palooka said:

Stuck in the middle because of the QB honestly as was the case the last 9 years. A better QB, could have won several games they lost last season. 

Unfortunately, only way to get better at QB is draft and hope you hit. The good teams hit on QBs in the draft.  

Are you kidding me? Does this QB play defense also??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Not for me tbh, I think what we need is a burner to take the top off the D. He doesn’t need to be a WR1 or WR2 just someone that the D will respect deep.

Yeah i agree, he does what Adams does just worse. Which to be fair isn’t meant to be insulting they just do the same things. 

It’s a good fit for both parties. Saints get an upgrade at QB (currently he’s considerably the best one in the division), and for Carr he gets a soft division in the weaker NFC, gets to play the majority of his games in a dome or in warm weather, and will have a better defense behind him than he’s never had here.

No excuses now for Carr.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It’s a good fit for both parties. Saints get an upgrade at QB (currently he’s considerably the best one in the division), and for Carr he gets a soft division in the weaker NFC, gets to play the majority of his games in a dome or in warm weather, and will have a better defense behind him than he’s never had here.

No excuses now for Carr.

He'll do well and Raider Nation will lose their minds.

Smart move for Carr.  I also liked him with the Jets but both would have been good options.

The Saints have a pretty good Oline, receiving weapons and most importantly an above average D. 

They also play in a weak division and in a dome.  

The pressure is now on for JM.  Can JM survive a 4ish win season if he signs a stopgap bum and wins 4 games while Carr plays well and leads the Saints to the playoffs?  Let's just say that will not be a good look for the organization considering they received nothing in return for him.  

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Smart move for Carr.  I also liked him with the Jets but both would have been good options.

The Saints have a pretty good Oline, receiving weapons and most importantly an above average D. 

They also play in a weak division and in a dome.  

The pressure is now on for JM.  Can JM survive a 4ish win season if he signs a stopgap bum and wins 4 games while Carr plays well and leads the Saints to the playoffs?  Let's just say that will not be a good look for the organization considering they received nothing in return for him.  

It’s time for you to head to the Saints forum with that talk

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s time for you to head to the Saints forum with that talk

Time to stop living in fantasy land and realize the team you're a homer for is a dumpster fire.  It's delusional fans like you that have unrealistic expectations only to have your heart broken every year.  

The Raiders received nothing for Carr which is a complete blunder and totally unacceptable.  If he goes to NO and plays well while JM wins 4ish games how would you perceive that?