Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Time to stop living in fantasy land and realize the team you're a homer for is a dumpster fire.  It's delusional fans like you that have unrealistic expectations only to have your heart broken every year.  

The Raiders received nothing for Carr which is a complete blunder and totally unacceptable.  If he goes to NO and plays well while JM wins 4ish games how would you perceive that? 

Looks like you admitted you aren’t a Raider fan. Why are you still posting here? Yea time for you to introduce yourself to the Saints forum. Saints aren’t winning anything with Dennis Allen as coach. Quite possibly the worst coach in the NFL. Let’s see if Bum Carr can cross the 50 

I’m a Raider fan, thick and thin. No player is gonna change that. My team will be better next season

40 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Looks like you admitted you aren’t a Raider fan. Why are you still posting here? Yea time for you to introduce yourself to the Saints forum. Saints aren’t winning anything with Dennis Allen as coach. Quite possibly the worst coach in the NFL. Let’s see if Bum Carr can cross the 50 

I’m a Raider fan, thick and thin. No player is gonna change that. My team will be better next season

I expect nothin less from you.  Deflect from the question and keep up your homer tendencies.  

According to you I'm not a Raider fan because I live in reality and don't defend their idiotic FO moves?

Explain to me how it was a good move/look to let Carr walk and receive ZERO in compensation.  That is flat out unacceptable to any reasonable fan.  Explain to me how you justify a love like that?

Let me guess real fans like you defend our drafts and free agent signings.  Jawalrus, Gallery, DHB, DMC, Hayden, Arnette, Abram all were great draft picks right... SMH

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I expect nothin less from you.  Deflect from the question and keep up your homer tendencies.  

According to you I'm not a Raider fan because I live in reality and don't defend their idiotic FO moves doesn't make me a fan.  

Explain to me how it was a good move/look to let Carr walk and receive ZERO in compensation.  That is flat out unacceptable to any reasonable fan.  Explain to me how you justify a love like that?

Let me guess real fans like you defend our drafts and free agent signings.  Jawalrus, Gallery, DHB, DMC, Hayden, Arnette, Abram all were great draft picks right... SMH

Does it ever occur to you as you type out these long posts that you are regurgitating almost the exact same word tracks every single time? Or does it feel like you are posting groundbreaking insights? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

There was a trade on the table for the very team he signed with. 

I give credit to Ziegler for having balls to cut Carr and not settle for mediocre QB play. Raiders got cap space it will be used to improve the team

24 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

There was a trade on the table for the very team he signed with. 

I give credit to Ziegler for having balls to cut Carr and not settle for mediocre QB play. Raiders got cap space it will be used to improve the team

Only a complete fool would give props to a front office that lets a top 12ish NFL Qb walk and receive nothing in compensation.  DZ composed the contract to give Carr all of the power which is why we received nothing for him.  In what world is that a good move?

I guess to lack the ability to see the horrible optics and tremendous pressure this move puts DZ and JM under.  If Carr plays well in NO and the Raiders win 4ish games how can the move be defended?  It will most likely get one if not both of them fired.  How is that not obvious?

Also good luck signing quality FA's with a stop gap bum QB and the leagues worst D.  I will be fascinated to see how Adams reacts when we land a bum QB and he is staring at a 4ish win season at 31 years old. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It’s a good fit for both parties. Saints get an upgrade at QB (currently he’s considerably the best one in the division), and for Carr he gets a soft division in the weaker NFC, gets to play the majority of his games in a dome or in warm weather, and will have a better defense behind him than he’s never had here.

No excuses now for Carr.

Yep, I think it's a sensible decision for him and it will be fascinating to see how he goes there. As you say, if he flops, the defence argument may lose some credibility. It'll be fascinating to see from the point of view that it'll give us a big clue as to the state of our team and the cause of our issues over the last few years.

51 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Smart move for Carr.  I also liked him with the Jets but both would have been good options.

The Saints have a pretty good Oline, receiving weapons and most importantly an above average D. 

They also play in a weak division and in a dome.  

The pressure is now on for JM.  Can JM survive a 4ish win season if he signs a stopgap bum and wins 4 games while Carr plays well and leads the Saints to the playoffs?  Let's just say that will not be a good look for the organization considering they received nothing in return for him.  

Didn't you know, the franchise saviour Anthony Richardson is on his way! He'll do just fine because he can jump really high...............also when he throws those interceptions he's really fast so he'll be able to chase those DBs down before they score 😀

Just joking honestly as he might be a very good QB in the future!

52 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Basically Carr could of took the trade to the Saints as he ended up signing with them anyway. 

No real surprise though, why anyone thought we would get picks, when Carr could sign for the team in FA and save the picks is beyond me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Solid landing spot for Carr. Dome + crappy division + good defense and some proven playmakers on offense. Makes way more sense for him then the Jets. I could see Carr having a few decent years there before getting exposed in the playoffs. Good on him 

And going to the NFC where the opposing QB talent is not nearly as deep as the AFC. 

28 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think Derek Carr signing with the Saints is one of the things where we're gonna just really see if he was the problem or not

if the Saints make the playoffs with Carr in the worst division in football, what does that really prove? Lol Carr isnt a terrible QB. He just wasnt the problem or the solution.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

if the Saints make the playoffs with Carr in the worst division in football, what does that really prove? Lol Carr isnt a terrible QB. He just wasnt the problem or the solution.

That he wasnt the reason we sucked and that in different circumstances(better franchise better roster etc.) he would thrive

Edited by Jeremy408