Around The League V.2

Totty

28 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Right?! Let’s not fix something that isn’t broke especially the leagues #1 attack

Stud RBs don’t grow on trees in mid to late rounds. Rookie RBs tend to struggle with blocking.

Pacheco was decent for KC but they also had McKinnon take a lot of snaps with him. 

In the last 5 years Aaron Jones and Cris Carson are the only two non 1st or 2nd round running backs that crack the top 10 more than once. There are a few names that were one and done. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

In the last 5 years Aaron Jones and Cris Carson are the only two non 1st or 2nd round running backs that crack the top 10 more than once. There are a few names that were one and done. 

It’s staggering the amount of 1st and 2nd round RB top RBs out there are in the NFL now.

Perhaps Dameon Pierce could crack the top 10 as 4th rounder but the top prospects are the most productive now

19 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s staggering the amount of 1st and 2nd round RB top RBs out there are in the NFL now.

Perhaps Dameon Pierce could crack the top 10 as 4th rounder but the top prospects are the most productive now

Maybe Tony Pollard too.

On 6/6/2023 at 3:46 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

He was good enough to get a 17 point lead in the first half. Then what changed? Did the team get new players?  No it was the stupid play calling.

WTF I don’t understand how people think Josh is not trash?

While it’s probably not ALL Josh’s fault it’s certainly insane to believe it’s not any of his fault.  
it’s funny, both McDaniels and his PR firm in Hondo Carpenter preach accountability and claim they hold themselves accountable the most yet don’t do that at all and bad mouth anyone that critiques them.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Do you need RBs to be top 10? I don't think you do. A good committee of guys is fine. 

My RB rule: Round 1 only if they have special traits. If they perform well, tag them twice and get your comp pick when they leave in FA. Shelf life 5-7 years. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Do you need RBs to be top 10? I don't think you do. A good committee of guys is fine. 

My RB rule: Round 1 only if they have special traits. If they perform well, tag them twice and get your comp pick when they leave in FA. Shelf life 5-7 years. 

How many teams are that successful with RB by committee that don't have a Franchise QB?

30 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

How many teams are that successful with RB by committee that don't have a Franchise QB?

Zero.

I’d go further…. Look around the league…
https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/RB

There’s teams with poor running games but the rest of the league has either a 1st/2nd round pick (some on extensions) or a FA they signed for good money AND another 3/4th round pick or FA with starting experience to be the backup and a 4-6th as the 3rd stringer.

• Like 1

I'd take Elliot and Cook for less than Jacobs. Problem is I doubt either one would want to sign cheap with us. No way to I pay Jacobs and he deserves to get paid so I'm taking two vets and moving on. 

Edited by G

15 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Derek Carr

“They just didn’t get my best and that drove me crazy at the end of the year because I felt so spread out in so many different ways,” Carr told the Associated Press after an offseason workout recently.  "I just didn’t feel like myself and I feel bad for the [Raiders] coaches and players.”

It’s true they didn’t get the best out of him but also I think he didn’t perform as well as he could either. It just wasn’t a great fit and Carr played like he was uncomfortable.

22 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Derek Carr

“They just didn’t get my best and that drove me crazy at the end of the year because I felt so spread out in so many different ways,” Carr told the Associated Press after an offseason workout recently.  "I just didn’t feel like myself and I feel bad for the [Raiders] coaches and players.”

Carr claimed that something in his personal life affected his play last season 🧐

On 6/8/2023 at 5:44 PM, raidr4life said:

Interesting thought

On 6/10/2023 at 9:53 AM, G said:

I'd take Elliot and Cook for less than Jacobs. Problem is I doubt either one would want to sign cheap with us. No way to I pay Jacobs and he deserves to get paid so I'm taking two vets and moving on. 

Zeke is absolutely cooked. Dalvin probably wants a similar deal to what Jacobs is seeking. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 6:40 PM, raidr4life said:

Maybe Tony Pollard too.

Pollard is a monster, he's going to have a huge year, IMO.

On 6/8/2023 at 6:20 PM, bucksavage1 said:

That's why it always cracks me up when people act like you can find stud RBs late. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 7:54 PM, jimkelly02 said:

While it’s probably not ALL Josh’s fault it’s certainly insane to believe it’s not any of his fault.  
it’s funny, both McDaniels and his PR firm in Hondo Carpenter preach accountability and claim they hold themselves accountable the most yet don’t do that at all and bad mouth anyone that critiques them.

It’s painfully obvious Josh does not know how to build a team.

Instead of teaching players, his way, he cuts everybody and gets old players from NE.