2019 QB Confidence Index: Rating NFL quarterback situations 1-32

MikeT14

But Washington needs to be in the QB market one way or the other this offseason, and it can't be sure who the guy is going to be at this point.

Sure sounds like we should be last over a team that will actually have some cap space to make a decent addition.  

I'm already prepared with the Orioles for a rebuilding year, so what's adding another team to the mix?  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sure sounds like we should be last over a team that will actually have some cap space to make a decent addition.  

I'm already prepared with the Orioles for a rebuilding year, so what's adding another team to the mix?  

Except said team (Jacksonville) is in relatively good position for taking a QB in the draft, while Washington is somewhat out of position.

Also, it's been readily apparent that the Jaguars have needed a replacement QB for the past three years. Why they haven't done anything about it, I don't know.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But Washington needs to be in the QB market one way or the other this offseason, and it can't be sure who the guy is going to be at this point.

Also, adding in the sentence preceding this one is hilarious:

If Smith is healthy, this ranking goes way up. 

bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Why do people keep saying “if Smith is healthy”? He’s never playing again. You know how you can tell he’s never playing again...because we’ve literally heard nothing about him. He’s our top QB, he’s being paid $90M and there isn’t a peep. His career is finished and the Redskins can’t come out and say it because of how bad this is going to look. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Why do people keep saying “if Smith is healthy”? He’s never playing again. You know how you can tell he’s never playing again...because we’ve literally heard nothing about him. He’s our top QB, he’s being paid $90M and there isn’t a peep. His career is finished and the Redskins can’t come out and say it because of how bad this is going to look. 

1. Because they don't want to see an apparently decent guy go out like that.
  2. Because they think that that a catastrophic injury like that only takes a few months to recover from.
  3. Because they don't understand how dysfunctional the Redskins are and that Smith has zero incentive to try to come back while collecting millions of dollars.

For me, it would be #1.  Smith is a great guy, and I was at the game when it happened.  Numerous Texan players, nearly half of the team, met him as he was being put on the cart to send him off.  It wasn't a couple guys following JJ Watt, literally the entire team made it onto the field.  He's one of the best guys in the NFL.  

If people think two, you are thinking that, even though this is the same injury that Theismann had, modern medicine will allow him to heal better/quicker and play again.  That's not going to be the case.  

I honestly think that if Smith's doctors clear him to try, he will attempt a comeback.  I do not believe he will be cleared however.  

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Except said team (Jacksonville) is in relatively good position for taking a QB in the draft, while Washington is somewhat out of position.

Also, it's been readily apparent that the Jaguars have needed a replacement QB for the past three years. Why they haven't done anything about it, I don't know.

Because they got a good stretch run from Bortles and bought the hype last year. 

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Because they got a good stretch run from Bortles and bought the hype last year. 

Apparently the Jacksonville front office is also bad at differentiating trends from outliers.

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

For me, it would be #1.  Smith is a great guy, and I was at the game when it happened.  Numerous Texan players, nearly half of the team, met him as he was being put on the cart to send him off.  It wasn't a couple guys following JJ Watt, literally the entire team made it onto the field.  He's one of the best guys in the NFL.  

If people think two, you are thinking that, even though this is the same injury that Theismann had, modern medicine will allow him to heal better/quicker and play again.  That's not going to be the case.  

I honestly think that if Smith's doctors clear him to try, he will attempt a comeback.  I do not believe he will be cleared however.  

I will be curious if he tries to get cleared by doctors if the Redskins don't cut him.

53 minutes ago, Woz said:

I will be curious if he tries to get cleared by doctors if the Redskins don't cut him.

Knowing the character that Smith has, I think he's going to try, if nothing else but to prove it to himself that he can rehab himself back into game shape, but I can't realistically see an older QB getting back under center after that kind of injury.  The yips are going to be stronger than ever.  

21 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Knowing the character that Smith has, I think he's going to try, if nothing else but to prove it to himself that he can rehab himself back into game shape, but I can't realistically see an older QB getting back under center after that kind of injury.  The yips are going to be stronger than ever.  

And they were pretty impressive before the injury too

On 1/11/2019 at 1:18 PM, turtle28 said:

I don't think Smith will play again but he's definitely better than Colt. At worst we have a top 20 QB situation if Smith comes back. There's more to QB play than just yards.

You can keep clinging to that if you want but there’s no way Smith was ever playing like a top 20 QB last year. And if he comes back, which is never going to happen, he’s not going to be better considering the injury and the recovery involved. 

Archived