Falcons Hire Ben Kotwica as Special teams Coordinator

49erurtaza

Congrats to Kotwica for escaping the crazy circus that is Washington. Solid coordinator. The special teams prior to his arrival was historically bad; he made them competent. No, the Redskins did not have any great returners, but I'll take competency any day of the week (especially when it comes to dealing with the morons in charge in Ashburn).

On 1/9/2019 at 7:08 PM, Woz said:

Congrats to Kotwica for escaping the crazy circus that is Washington. Solid coordinator. The special teams prior to his arrival was historically bad; he made them competent. No, the Redskins did not have any great returners, but I'll take competency any day of the week (especially when it comes to dealing with the morons in charge in Ashburn).

Do you think the Skins will promote Bret Munsley to the gig?

NYJ special teams ranking 
Before Kotwica (2012) = 21st
After Kotwica (2013) = 10th

WAS special teams ranking
Before Kotwica (2013) = 32nd
After Kotwica (2014-2018) = 29th, 6th, 13th, 22nd, 8th

^ Looks pretty solid to me.

ATL Special teams in 2018 = 10th

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Makes me wonder why they got rid of Armstrong. The Falcons' STC wasn't bad.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I was thinking the same thing. Don't know much about him or his realtionship with the ATL staff or where he ended up (too lazy to check) , but it could just be a case of letting a guy have a shot with another team who may have more room for him to move up in the future.   

I don't know for sure, of course, just throwing it out there is all.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:09 AM, JustAnotherFan said:

And that 2017 season (the 22nd) was in part derailed due to injuries to our role players/defense. As opposed to the 2018 season that was derailed due to injuries on the offense.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:11 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

Yes, yes it was and has been for awhile our return game is straight garbage 90% of the time.  For god sakes we turned Andre Roberts a pro bowl returner into a scrub when he was here.  Plus we pretty much had a penalty it seemed everytime we did any kind of punt or kickoff.  The Falcons fanbase has been calling for Armstrongs firing for atleast 5+ years now.  How he made it through so many different coaches and changes we'll never know.  But i can promise you if you went to the Falcons message board the day he was let go. We had numerous of threads celebrating this XD.  Rather Kotwica will be a upgrade or downgrade or not is to be seen but atleast it's a change finally and something we have begged for.

The only 2 things that makes out ST any good at all is our kickers and long snapper  Matt Brant and Matt Bosher are pretty good at their jobs and Josh Harris has been a great long snapper for a long time.

Archived