Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NateDawg

Identify Yourself (Freddie fans vs Those that hate winning)

Thoughts on Hire  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. Like or Dislike

    • Like (love winning)
    • Dislike (No longer a Browns fan)
      0
    • Undecided (Can’t decide if I like winning)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, pscottdai said:

If he is doing both this is going to be just another in a long line of failures. 

You do not know what his bandwidth is.

As I have said before, some Southerners are dumb like foxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Out of likes..

You can’t win over time on emotion, it has to be due to preparation, execution and respect.

Motivation can’t be a selling point imo.  If your players need motivated, you drafted the wrong dudes.

It's already obvious he is no nonsense....he wasn't about letting the little pu..ies sit out practice for hangnails like huecifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Dorsey, but his issue in KC was power/control.

Just hope he isn’t using Freddie as his patsy or pawn to control the staff.

Just like Dorsey is the GM and he should pick the coach, Freddie is the HC and should pick the staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, big poppa pump said:

It's already obvious he is no nonsense....he wasn't about letting the little pu..ies sit out practice for hangnails like huecifer

I’m all for them sitting out, the medical data suppports it, that wasn’t his point.

He didn’t want Duke over riding a bike and doing whatever, he wanted him with his teammates, in uniform, getting mental reps and being engaged, which imo is exactly what a rest day should look like.

Freddie gets it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just like Dorsey is the GM and he should pick the coach, Freddie is the HC and should pick the staff.

Agree, but don't you think Freddie will appreciate good, thoroughly researched recommendations being presented to him on a silver platter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I like Dorsey, but his issue in KC was power/control.

Just hope he isn’t using Freddie as his patsy or pawn to control the staff.

Just like Dorsey is the GM and he should pick the coach, Freddie is the HC and should pick the staff.

Dorsey does not seem like a power guy. He has surrounded himself with some of the most accomplished front office members in the NFL. If you wanted all the power and control you wouldn't hire high profile names like that let alone that many.

He was fired because the owner and Andy Reid didn't like how close to the vest and secretive he worked. I have no problems with Dorsey being so secretive. Coaches talk far too much and Owners don't need to know. Sure they want to know but in reality they don't know jack about football and all they need to worry about is the results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Out of likes..

You can’t win over time on emotion, it has to be due to preparation, execution and respect.

Motivation can’t be a selling point imo.  If your players need motivated, you drafted the wrong dudes.

To add to what we are saying

Bill b isnt an a+ emotional leader, he wins on team first mentality, technical competence and great strategy.

Freddie isnt bill b, but technically the offense looks good and there is a clear strategy each week, which is a cut above everything I have seen over his redundant decade of fandom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Ahhh the growing pains we are going to experience with this....We get more experienced coaches in here that screw up managing the game as a HC and you truly think this is going to be better? I can live with the growing pains and learning curve, but if we miss the playofffs the next couple of seasons because of inexperience mistakes are you going to be as willing to live with it? I will but am asking all of you fans of this. 

I just hope that he takes on only HC duties and hires someone to do the actually play calling. If he is doing both this is going to be just another in a long line of failures. 

 

The long line of failures came from the likes of Shurmur and Hue trying to flex and say they don’t need an OC on the staff. It never hurts to have more coaches. 

You look at Peterson with the eagles, he calls the plays and has an OC, Reid calls the plays but has an OC, Nagy calls plays but has an OC, McVay calls the plays but has a run game coordinator and another being the passing game coordinator. 

So you look at the more offensive HCs in the league, they call plays but they also hire an OC. 

Another coach to help with offensive duties never hurts. 

I also would want Kitchens to hire an OC so over time he becomes the playcaller. Allow the OC to learn how Kitchen’s offense opportates. Like Nagy was the OC for 2 years but didn’t call plays until his 2nd year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted a lot recently (just moved house and too stressed/tired) but I watched all but the last two games of the season. It was bizarre watching a competent unit on a Sunday. What Baker achieved this season is equivalent to...well I don't know. A Browns QB not only looking like an NFL QB, but one of the best leaves a strange feeling.

Whatever happens, the decision to roll with what's working is the correct one. I'm fully on board with the Freddie promotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok for real tho

Darnold paired with a coaching staff of Adam Gase and Dowell Loggains

WOOOOO BOY BAKER GONNA CLEAN HOUSE ON THIS DEBATE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Agree, but don't you think Freddie will appreciate good, thoroughly researched recommendations being presented to him on a silver platter?

Presented as options? Perhaps.

As long as it’s Freddie’s making the picks...

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Dorsey does not seem like a power guy. He has surrounded himself with some of the most accomplished front office members in the NFL. If you wanted all the power and control you wouldn't hire high profile names like that let alone that many.

Eh, possibly.  He may have a bunch of names, but he unquestionably swings the big dong.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

He was fired because the owner and Andy Reid didn't like how close to the vest and secretive he worked. I have no problems with Dorsey being so secretive. Coaches talk far too much and Owners don't need to know. Sure they want to know but in reality they don't know jack about football and all they need to worry about is the results. 

Don’t disagree. Dorsey should handle his business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Presented as options? Perhaps.

"Options"?

As in "Oh, btw, I have fired/released a shat load of the coaching staff, have done exhaustive research on improvements and here they are for you to consider although the ultimate choices, of course, are yours to make? I will just step back and see what you decide."

And do you really think that Freddie has done or has time to do his homework as well as Dorsey has done his?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh and since @mistakey called out people on this, I was %100 all aboard the Darnold train 😎

Same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Same.

Still am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×