Sign in to follow this  
freakygeniuskid

Pre-FA/Draft Expectations

Expectations  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How Many wins for the Browns in 2019? (Not including pre-season. We're past that stage.)

• 6 or less (If I had to believe so a fairy could live, I would just shoot it.)
    • 7 or 8 (I want to believe, but my heart is shriveled up like a prune.)
    • 9 wins (Safe. Somewhat optimistic but still guarded. Wildcard hunt but maybe don't get it.)
    • 10 wins (Solid. Almost for sure in the playoffs.)
    • 11 wins (Great. Probably win the division. 5 seed and playing the worst division winner at worst.)
    • 12 wins (Win the division, maybe get a bye week.)
    • 13 or more (Screw it. #1 seed. Road the Superbowl in the AFC runs through CLE!)

Well, we know who our HC and QB will be next year. Without knowing who we get as DC/OC, FA's, or in the draft, what do you expect our record to be next year? I will post another one of these post-draft.

The schedule is: 

kawwoss7pp721.jpg

I’ve got it at 10 wins but the potential for more if we have a fantastic offseason and draft, with key additions along the lines of last year. 

9-10 wins.

We won’t be sneaking up on anyone and it wouldn’t surprise me to have some early growing pains with a whole new coaching staff and such.

Our defense needs to improve greatly and we need to repeat our success with the OL if we’re to keep this going.

division 5-1, losing to bat once

Rams don't like the cold

crap on buff, mai, titans, beat seattle at home

bascially win out at home 8-0

lose to NE and Balt away

14-2. 

6-2 at home. We beat Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Buffalo and Miami at home. Lose to Los Angeles and win against either Tennessee or Seattle(only bc of the cross country trip)

4-4 on the road. We beat Cincinnati, Arizona and New YorkJ and one of Denver or San Francisco.

Posted (edited)

I see 9-10 wins.

Home wins against Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, Cincinnati, and Baltimore.

Road wins against San Fran, New York, Cincinnati, and Arizona.

My two tossups are Denver and Seattle.

Edited by candyman93

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

6-2 at home. We beat Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Buffalo and Miami at home. Lose to Los Angeles and win against either Tennessee or Seattle(only bc of the cross country trip)

4-4 on the road. We beat Cincinnati, Arizona and New YorkJ and one of Denver or San Francisco.

For me it comes down to which opponent has a crappy or below average QB situation.

On paper, our schedule looks a helluva lot easier next year than it was this past season. But there's still a long ways to go until next season so that could change.

I'd say all of the home games are winnable, except probably not against LA. Seattle is good, but not unbeatable. Buffalo should be improved, but can't imagine them being better than us next year. Tennessee and Miami are tough teams but nothing special.

Playing any divisional rival on the road will be tough. Going to New England is never easy for any team, unless Brady retires after this season, which I doubt he does. San Francisco could be tough depending on how Jimmy G bounces back after his injury. Not that he was looking that great before getting hurt, though. I also could see the Jets improving quite a bit depending on who they hire for HC and how the rest of the offseason goes for them. I'm still a believer in Darnold.

Let's see:

*Baker counts for an automatic 10 wins

*Freddie counts for an automatic 4 wins

*Orson Charles EASILY counts for 2 wins

So, if we are idiots and don't resign Orson Charles, I'd conservatively say 14 wins. I think that's a safe bet.

my prediction is 10 wins - i think thats fair and reasonable.  i reserve judgment to go higher if dorsey pulls another offseason like he did last year with surprises and big splashes

9 wins seems like a realistic expectation. 10 if things break the right way.

I put 9, mostly because we have yet to get a winning season so I want to set expectations low....

That being said here's how I see the season playing out....

Games we should win:

Bengals (Home), Bengals (Away), Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Broncos, 49ers, Cardinals

Obviously these are games we could lose one or two of, but we should be able to go in as favorites.  Best case (8) worst case (6)

Games I don't expect to win:

Rams, Patriots

Granted I'm not saying there is not a chance, but I don't expect to beat the rams, or to beat the Pats in Foxboro.  Best case (1) worst case (0)

Games I see as a toss-up (50/50?):

Titans, Ravens (home), Ravens (away), Steelers (home), Steelers (away), and Seahawks

I think these are games we should be competitive in and have a decent chance to win.  I would throw them as 50/50.  I think best case (4) worse case (2).

So looking at this season I think worse case we should be able to go 500.  Best case we should be able to get between 9-12 wins...

Our schedule actually looks pretty easy so we will see what happens!

Tyrone Matthieu, Micheal Pierce, and either CJ Mosley or Frank Clark should get us to 16-0