Sign in to follow this  
freakygeniuskid

Pre-FA/Draft Expectations

Expectations  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How Many wins for the Browns in 2019? (Not including pre-season. We're past that stage.)

• 6 or less (If I had to believe so a fairy could live, I would just shoot it.)
    • 7 or 8 (I want to believe, but my heart is shriveled up like a prune.)
    • 9 wins (Safe. Somewhat optimistic but still guarded. Wildcard hunt but maybe don't get it.)
    • 10 wins (Solid. Almost for sure in the playoffs.)
    • 11 wins (Great. Probably win the division. 5 seed and playing the worst division winner at worst.)
    • 12 wins (Win the division, maybe get a bye week.)
    • 13 or more (Screw it. #1 seed. Road the Superbowl in the AFC runs through CLE!)

I'm one of the super optimistic ones, I put 12.

We finished with 7 wins this year despite:
A half season of Hue/Haley
Baker should get even better
We had the hardest schedule in the NFL by opponent win %
We have huge cap space (and above average pick captial) with a team who's now seen as ascending to attract 2-3 key guys
We shouldn't be losing anyone who really matters

I think "realistic" is 10-11. 12 Really isn't all that crazy IMO. If you had me make an over/under off the top of my head, it would be 10. 10.5 if you made me put it between two games.

1 minute ago, Mega Ron said:

When are pre season games announced?

Why the hell would anyone care lol?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why the hell would anyone care lol?

I'm on a month long vacation traveling from Seattle to San Diego in August.

I'm hoping for the gods (Baker and Garrett) to smile down upon me and put a Browns game within a makeable range.

3 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I'm on a month long vacation traveling from Seattle to San Diego in August.

I'm hoping for the gods (Baker and Garrett) to smile down upon me and put a Browns game within a makeable range.

That sounds incredible, holler at me if your looking for places to stop or ideas, I’ve hit a decent bit of that drive.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That sounds incredible, holler at me if your looking for places to stop or ideas, I’ve hit a decent bit of that drive.

Holler.

I'd appreciate any info you can be bothered to pass my way.

I'll be travelling with my wife and 3 kids as well. Unfortunately.

Imagine how good it could be flying solo for a month. 

1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

Holler.

I'd appreciate any info you can be bothered to pass my way.

I'll be travelling with my wife and 3 kids as well. Unfortunately.

Imagine how good it could be flying solo for a month. 

I live right near the base of Sequoia national park. If you are into natural "wonders" I would say that the Redwoods in Northern CA, Yosemite in central CA, and Seqouia in south central CA are all good hits. I think Crater lake in Oregon is really cool too. The Pacific coast highway in southern Oregon is beautiful (5 miles driving along the top of a cliff over the ocean, drop down into tiny town, repeat for 200 miles). My wife and I loooved our weak in San Diego last fall. Sea World is great. Mission beach is really nice (and free). Old Town San Diego was nice too in a very different way.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m goin to the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo check out the rooms- the dam will love it 

11-5 is my high expectation. I think it's ok for us to have high expectations believe it or not.

Our schedule isn't that difficult.

Bills-----Win. We are better in every facet and I'd be shocked if we lost to the Bills to be honest.

Titans-----Win. The Titans are tough, but they don't possess the weapons to hang with Baker.

Dolphins-----Win. The Dolphins are terrible and are likely to be walking a crappy rookie QB out there against us.

Rams-----Loss. The Rams are freaking good. I don't know if we can hang with them yet.

Seahawks-----Loss. I decided that we are going to beat either the Seahawks or the Patriots. I'm picking us to beat New England.

Patriots-----Win. This is my surprise pick for us. We won't be favored, but I think we beat a very tough NE team.

49ers-----Win. The 49ers roster is in shambles and I can't see the return of Jimmy Garoppolo changing their fortunes all that much.

Jets-----Win. The Jets have the least talented roster in the NFL.

Cardinals-----Win. The Cardinals are pretty freaking bad. I can't imagine us losing to them, especially with the venom that Baker is gonna have for Kilff.

Broncos-----Win. The Broncos are pretty poopy too and their best talents are getting up there in age. They aren't in a great position to get much better in the off-season either.

Steelers-----Loss. We will split with the Steelers, who have one more year of being a good football team.

Steelers-----Win. We will split with the Steelers.

Ravens-----Loss. We drop a game to the Ravens despite their struggles as a 7-9 football team next season.

Ravens-----Win. We will get Lamar Jackson at least once next year, I can tell you that much.

Bengals-----Win. Bengals are a dumpster fire once again.

That's 11-5.

42 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I live right near the base of Sequoia national park. If you are into natural "wonders" I would say that the Redwoods in Northern CA, Yosemite in central CA, and Seqouia in south central CA are all good hits. I think Crater lake in Oregon is really cool too. The Pacific coast highway in southern Oregon is beautiful (5 miles driving along the top of a cliff over the ocean, drop down into tiny town, repeat for 200 miles). My wife and I loooved our weak in San Diego last fall. Sea World is great. Mission beach is really nice (and free). Old Town San Diego was nice too in a very different way.

Where do you live, I was at sequoia in August?

8-10

sophomore slumps are common. I’m not sure I trust our WRs to do what they did the second half of the year and our oline will have a new coach. 

26 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

11-5 is my high expectation. I think it's ok for us to have high expectations believe it or not.

Bills-----Win. We are better in every facet and I'd be shocked if we lost to the Bills to be honest.

Titans-----Win. The Titans are tough, but they don't possess the weapons to hang with Baker.

Dolphins-----Win. The Dolphins are terrible and are likely to be walking a crappy rookie QB out there against us.

Rams-----Loss. The Rams are freaking good. I don't know if we can hang with them yet.

Seahawks-----Loss. I decided that we are going to beat either the Seahawks or the Patriots. I'm picking us to beat New England.

Patriots-----Win. This is my surprise pick for us. We won't be favored, but I think we beat a very tough NE team.

49ers-----Win. The 49ers roster is in shambles and I can't see the return of Jimmy Garoppolo changing their fortunes all that much.

Cardinals-----Win. The Cardinals are pretty freaking bad. I can't imagine us losing to them, especially with the venom that Baker is gonna have for Kilff.

Broncos-----Win. The Broncos are pretty poopy too and their best talents are getting up there in age. They aren't in a great position to get much better in the off-season either.

Steelers-----Loss. We will split with the Steelers, who have one more year of being a good football team.

Ravens-----Loss. We drop a game to the Ravens despite their struggles as a 7-9 football team next season.

Ravens-----Win. We will get Lamar Jackson at least once next year, I can tell you that much.

That's 11-5.

Nothing about this is unrealistic,  which is crazy to think. 

I went with 10 wins with the expectation that we'd fill the coaching staff with serviceable to good candidates and have a league average off-season. If the staff comes together better than Average and Dorsey knocks it out of the park again I'd say we would win 12. But that's best case scenario. 10 wins I think is the most realistic.

59 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's 11-5.

Ummm....that's 12-4.  You don't by chance work with money, do you?  ;) 

19 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Ummm....that's 12-4.  You don't by chance work with money, do you?  ;) 

English major.

You can't be good at both Math & English!

Edited by BleedTheClock