Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
freakygeniuskid

Pre-FA/Draft Expectations

Expectations  

45 members have voted

  1. 1. How Many wins for the Browns in 2019? (Not including pre-season. We're past that stage.)

    • 6 or less (If I had to believe so a fairy could live, I would just shoot it.)
      0
    • 7 or 8 (I want to believe, but my heart is shriveled up like a prune.)
      0
    • 9 wins (Safe. Somewhat optimistic but still guarded. Wildcard hunt but maybe don't get it.)
    • 10 wins (Solid. Almost for sure in the playoffs.)
    • 11 wins (Great. Probably win the division. 5 seed and playing the worst division winner at worst.)
    • 12 wins (Win the division, maybe get a bye week.)
    • 13 or more (Screw it. #1 seed. Road the Superbowl in the AFC runs through CLE!)


Recommended Posts

I'm one of the super optimistic ones, I put 12.

We finished with 7 wins this year despite:
A half season of Hue/Haley
Baker should get even better
We had the hardest schedule in the NFL by opponent win %
We have huge cap space (and above average pick captial) with a team who's now seen as ascending to attract 2-3 key guys
We shouldn't be losing anyone who really matters

I think "realistic" is 10-11. 12 Really isn't all that crazy IMO. If you had me make an over/under off the top of my head, it would be 10. 10.5 if you made me put it between two games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mega Ron said:

When are pre season games announced?

Why the hell would anyone care lol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why the hell would anyone care lol?

I'm on a month long vacation traveling from Seattle to San Diego in August.

I'm hoping for the gods (Baker and Garrett) to smile down upon me and put a Browns game within a makeable range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

I'm on a month long vacation traveling from Seattle to San Diego in August.

I'm hoping for the gods (Baker and Garrett) to smile down upon me and put a Browns game within a makeable range.

That sounds incredible, holler at me if your looking for places to stop or ideas, I’ve hit a decent bit of that drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That sounds incredible, holler at me if your looking for places to stop or ideas, I’ve hit a decent bit of that drive.

Holler.

I'd appreciate any info you can be bothered to pass my way.

I'll be travelling with my wife and 3 kids as well. Unfortunately.

Imagine how good it could be flying solo for a month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

Holler.

I'd appreciate any info you can be bothered to pass my way.

I'll be travelling with my wife and 3 kids as well. Unfortunately.

Imagine how good it could be flying solo for a month. 

I live right near the base of Sequoia national park. If you are into natural "wonders" I would say that the Redwoods in Northern CA, Yosemite in central CA, and Seqouia in south central CA are all good hits. I think Crater lake in Oregon is really cool too. The Pacific coast highway in southern Oregon is beautiful (5 miles driving along the top of a cliff over the ocean, drop down into tiny town, repeat for 200 miles). My wife and I loooved our weak in San Diego last fall. Sea World is great. Mission beach is really nice (and free). Old Town San Diego was nice too in a very different way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That sounds incredible, holler at me if your looking for places to stop or ideas, I’ve hit a decent bit of that drive.

I’m goin to the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo check out the rooms- the dam will love it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11-5 is my high expectation. I think it's ok for us to have high expectations believe it or not.

Our schedule isn't that difficult.

 

Bills-----Win. We are better in every facet and I'd be shocked if we lost to the Bills to be honest.

Titans-----Win. The Titans are tough, but they don't possess the weapons to hang with Baker.

Dolphins-----Win. The Dolphins are terrible and are likely to be walking a crappy rookie QB out there against us.

Rams-----Loss. The Rams are freaking good. I don't know if we can hang with them yet.

Seahawks-----Loss. I decided that we are going to beat either the Seahawks or the Patriots. I'm picking us to beat New England.

Patriots-----Win. This is my surprise pick for us. We won't be favored, but I think we beat a very tough NE team.

49ers-----Win. The 49ers roster is in shambles and I can't see the return of Jimmy Garoppolo changing their fortunes all that much.

Jets-----Win. The Jets have the least talented roster in the NFL.

Cardinals-----Win. The Cardinals are pretty freaking bad. I can't imagine us losing to them, especially with the venom that Baker is gonna have for Kilff.

Broncos-----Win. The Broncos are pretty poopy too and their best talents are getting up there in age. They aren't in a great position to get much better in the off-season either.

Steelers-----Loss. We will split with the Steelers, who have one more year of being a good football team.

Steelers-----Win. We will split with the Steelers.

Ravens-----Loss. We drop a game to the Ravens despite their struggles as a 7-9 football team next season.

Ravens-----Win. We will get Lamar Jackson at least once next year, I can tell you that much.

Bengals-----Win. Bengals are a dumpster fire once again.

Bengals-----Win. Bengals are a dumpster fire once again.

 

 

That's 11-5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I live right near the base of Sequoia national park. If you are into natural "wonders" I would say that the Redwoods in Northern CA, Yosemite in central CA, and Seqouia in south central CA are all good hits. I think Crater lake in Oregon is really cool too. The Pacific coast highway in southern Oregon is beautiful (5 miles driving along the top of a cliff over the ocean, drop down into tiny town, repeat for 200 miles). My wife and I loooved our weak in San Diego last fall. Sea World is great. Mission beach is really nice (and free). Old Town San Diego was nice too in a very different way.

Where do you live, I was at sequoia in August?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8-10

sophomore slumps are common. I’m not sure I trust our WRs to do what they did the second half of the year and our oline will have a new coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

11-5 is my high expectation. I think it's ok for us to have high expectations believe it or not.

Our schedule isn't that difficult.

 

Bills-----Win. We are better in every facet and I'd be shocked if we lost to the Bills to be honest.

Titans-----Win. The Titans are tough, but they don't possess the weapons to hang with Baker.

Dolphins-----Win. The Dolphins are terrible and are likely to be walking a crappy rookie QB out there against us.

Rams-----Loss. The Rams are freaking good. I don't know if we can hang with them yet.

Seahawks-----Loss. I decided that we are going to beat either the Seahawks or the Patriots. I'm picking us to beat New England.

Patriots-----Win. This is my surprise pick for us. We won't be favored, but I think we beat a very tough NE team.

49ers-----Win. The 49ers roster is in shambles and I can't see the return of Jimmy Garoppolo changing their fortunes all that much.

Jets-----Win. The Jets have the least talented roster in the NFL.

Cardinals-----Win. The Cardinals are pretty freaking bad. I can't imagine us losing to them, especially with the venom that Baker is gonna have for Kilff.

Broncos-----Win. The Broncos are pretty poopy too and their best talents are getting up there in age. They aren't in a great position to get much better in the off-season either.

Steelers-----Loss. We will split with the Steelers, who have one more year of being a good football team.

Steelers-----Win. We will split with the Steelers.

Ravens-----Loss. We drop a game to the Ravens despite their struggles as a 7-9 football team next season.

Ravens-----Win. We will get Lamar Jackson at least once next year, I can tell you that much.

Bengals-----Win. Bengals are a dumpster fire once again.

Bengals-----Win. Bengals are a dumpster fire once again.

 

 

That's 11-5.

Nothing about this is unrealistic,  which is crazy to think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went with 10 wins with the expectation that we'd fill the coaching staff with serviceable to good candidates and have a league average off-season. If the staff comes together better than Average and Dorsey knocks it out of the park again I'd say we would win 12. But that's best case scenario. 10 wins I think is the most realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

11-5 is my high expectation. I think it's ok for us to have high expectations believe it or not.

Our schedule isn't that difficult.

 

Bills-----Win. We are better in every facet and I'd be shocked if we lost to the Bills to be honest.

Titans-----Win. The Titans are tough, but they don't possess the weapons to hang with Baker.

Dolphins-----Win. The Dolphins are terrible and are likely to be walking a crappy rookie QB out there against us.

Rams-----Loss. The Rams are freaking good. I don't know if we can hang with them yet.

Seahawks-----Loss. I decided that we are going to beat either the Seahawks or the Patriots. I'm picking us to beat New England.

Patriots-----Win. This is my surprise pick for us. We won't be favored, but I think we beat a very tough NE team.

49ers-----Win. The 49ers roster is in shambles and I can't see the return of Jimmy Garoppolo changing their fortunes all that much.

Jets-----Win. The Jets have the least talented roster in the NFL.

Cardinals-----Win. The Cardinals are pretty freaking bad. I can't imagine us losing to them, especially with the venom that Baker is gonna have for Kilff.

Broncos-----Win. The Broncos are pretty poopy too and their best talents are getting up there in age. They aren't in a great position to get much better in the off-season either.

Steelers-----Loss. We will split with the Steelers, who have one more year of being a good football team.

Steelers-----Win. We will split with the Steelers.

Ravens-----Loss. We drop a game to the Ravens despite their struggles as a 7-9 football team next season.

Ravens-----Win. We will get Lamar Jackson at least once next year, I can tell you that much.

Bengals-----Win. Bengals are a dumpster fire once again.

Bengals-----Win. Bengals are a dumpster fire once again.

 

 

That's 11-5.

Ummm....that's 12-4.  You don't by chance work with money, do you?  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Ummm....that's 12-4.  You don't by chance work with money, do you?  ;) 

English major.

You can't be good at both Math & English!

Edited by BleedTheClock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×