Kevin Stefanski is officially the Vikings OC

Uncle Buck

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not in love with this decision but I'm not sure too many coaches are lining up to work with Zimmer. Especially since he's a free agent in 2020.

Until he gets extended. He's only has 1 losing season as the Vikings head coach.

38 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Not in love with this decision but I'm not sure too many coaches are lining up to work with Zimmer. Especially since he's a free agent in 2020.

Zimmer has a good reputation around the league, and if you are an up and coming OC, wouldn't you welcome a situation where you could come in and prove yourself under any head coach who only has one year left on his contract?  It could be a perfect stepping stone to becoming a head coach yourself if things go well.  Having said that, I'm sure Zim's contract will be extended if (when) we get off to a good start next season.  He's not going anywhere, nor should he.

12 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Deflip doesn't even have a job. That's how pathetic he was.

To be fair, DeFlip might not have been a good OC, but he was an exceptional QB:Coach the year before that... I'd imagine there's no shortage of teams that would be willing to bring him in, in that capacity. I'd love to have him in Chicago as an additional QB:C trying to get Trubisky going.

As for the Vikes hire here, I gotta say as a Chicagoan, I don't quite understand the move myself, as he didn't seem to do much better in the games of your guys' that I saw. The Vikes could be a damn scary team/ S-Bowl contender with their offense firing on all cylinders, but this seems like a bad hire for you guys.  Sadly, since us Bears just lost our DC, and don't really seem to have any good options available to replace him, we seem to be destined to join you guys on the bad hire front, and I'd hate to think either of our teams regress to the point where we might let the Packers out of the basement we threw them down into this year.

To be fair to Stefanski, he was running DeFilippos offense and using his playbook. He deserves an opportunity to implement his offense.

Its just an underwhelming hire since he's been here for a decade despite the offense generally holding the team back since Childress was leading the team. Why did it take so long and if it ends up a good hire, how did they miss it, especially giving the job to DeFilippo last year.

Archived