Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Nice to see but I would be shocked if he isnt wearing a Colts jersey next year.

Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread.  Personally, I don't see it.  Ballard publicly said that he had no interest and honestly, I think most think Mack is going to be a beast.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread.  Personally, I don't see it.  Ballard publicly said that he had no interest and honestly, I think most think Mack is going to be a beast.

Mack and Hines is a nasty combo

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I just dont think Bell wants to be a Jet. He has posted things about both Indy and Miami...yet he knows how bad the Jets want him here. I would just be shocked if he came here. 

What would happen to him if teams he like don't offer anything to him?    Dolphins plummet to rebuilding mode.  Colts focus on team's strength not individual strength.  Who is next?

15 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I just dont think Bell wants to be a Jet. He has posted things about both Indy and Miami...yet he knows how bad the Jets want him here. I would just be shocked if he came here. 

Like I said in another post, deep down I'd rather have someone else. Hold out or not, his actions come off as a "me" player that doesn't eat/sleep/breath football. As talented as he may be, players like him have a greater tendency to be free agent busts. Does it make the most sense logically to sign him if we can? Yes, but personally I'd rather find a way to get Josh Jacobs. 

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Like I said in another post, deep down I'd rather have someone else. Hold out or not, his actions come off as a "me" player that doesn't eat/sleep/breath football. As talented as he may be, players like him have a greater tendency to be free agent busts. Does it make the most sense logically to sign him if we can? Yes, but personally I'd rather find a way to get Josh Jacobs. 

I don't see how he comes off as someone who is not dedicated to football.  Yes he wants a long term contract and the financial reward of such - I don't blame him.  But the guy always comes into camp in shape and ready to play.  I don't think he made a wise business decision forfeiting 14 million but look at Earl Thomas this year.  Sure he wants to get paid, again, can't hold that against any guy in the NFL as your career can be over in one play. 

39 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I don't see how he comes off as someone who is not dedicated to football.  Yes he wants a long term contract and the financial reward of such - I don't blame him.  But the guy always comes into camp in shape and ready to play.  I don't think he made a wise business decision forfeiting 14 million but look at Earl Thomas this year.  Sure he wants to get paid, again, can't hold that against any guy in the NFL as your career can be over in one play. 

Between rumors of wanting to play for Miami because he likes it there, the fact that he didn't care to alert the teammates of his holdout and went back on his word multiple times (not saying the holdout is an issue, how he handled it is), off-the-field transgressions, the way he voices his displeasure with usage, rumblings coming out of college that he was a "me-first" player... it just leaves a poor taste in the mouth. He has a lot of extracurricular interests, which is not at all a bad thing, but I prefer the guy who just sticks to football. If we signed him I'd be fine with it- the Jets need to add "dogs" to the offensive side of the ball - but I'd personally prefer finding a way to get Josh Jacobs. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This hire so far has been really good. Gase did a great job hiring his coaching staff on the offensive and defensive side. 

Hearing all the coaches talk, it sounds like our team is just working hard every day. Gase has this entire coaching staff in lock step. All the coaches on both sides said similar things about needing to see what the players can do before they know what plays and schemes they'll be utilizing. So, we have a coaching staff that is going to be flexible and build a scheme around its players. They seem to be collaborate with each other. That's a big deal for Chris Johnson. 

Now Chris Johnson found Gase's equivalent in the front office. Soon Joe Douglas will do for the front office what Gase has done for the coaching staff. 

This might be the first time in a long time where Jets coaching and front office personnel might get interviews for higher level positions at other organizations. 

I'm loving the trio of CJ, Gase and Douglas. Woody better keep his behind in the UK.

• Like 2

Hey there Jet fans.  I didn't see a thread for this, so forgive me for posting this off topic.  But I wanted to congratulate the Jets on making really cool / kick-*** changes to the uniforms.  The metallic green helmet looks awesome, and instead of going to the old green helmet logo, they used the same font (I think) from the white helmet logo.  It's the best of both worlds, and I think it's excellent.

P.S. - I wish Ross had enough sense to give Miami fans what we want in a uniform change.

Edited by Deadeye
  • Like 1