Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

This absolutely cements the fact that I am done with this idiotic franchise

LOL

Look at the bright side...

13 minutes ago, Hopper15 said:

Atleast you didn't end up with McCarthy's bland offense.

13 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Not sure how I feel about this. It should help darnolds development though

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We can’t get anything right

Rhule would have been the best choice, clearly in my mind, but Gase has a few upsides in the short term with Darnold's development.

I'm going to reserve my judgment, but a few things Gase must do in order to have success here: 

• Establish a good relationship with management and the players from the get-go. Own up to what happened in Miami and start fresh. He has a history with butting heads with his superiors (Elway in DEN, Ross in MIA) and that will never work. Maccagnan won't give him issues because he doesn't have a big ego, but being on the defensive will only lead to discord. If I were CJ, I'd be urging him to allow players speak their minds and ask questions immediately- needs to make sure the established leaders buy-in ASAP. 
  • Hire a stellar defensive staff. They never fully put it together under Gase, ranking in the bottom half of the league in yards and points since his arrival despite a talented team. Gase likes to keep a lot on his plate, but needs to hire a proven, established DC to let him run that unit (Gregg Williams). 
Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 2

I don't mind him at all, I would rather Gase over Rhule. Considering the injuries and lack of talent in Miami, he did a good job with them. He's been around excellent offensive minds, been around some good head coaches. I personally would've gone McCarthy over him, but I don't mind Gase at all.