Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Not me I want nothing to do with Gregg Williams. I think he is massively overrated and he says the dumbest things, and then you remember bounty gate and ...ugh.

Don't want Degugliemo back either.

Then respectfully who else? Rex is NEVER working for the Jets again so that’s not an option. Jack Del Rio I would take, but there are literally no more options out there that have a pedigree. 

That's a great question. I admitted Williams would be a good hire in the other thread mainly because or experience and because we know he can essentially run an entire side of the ball which is something we need. Del Rio obviously the same but a little boring .

I really don't know what options there are. I'll do some research and see if I can come up with some names, but it's hard when you're just a fan to really know what up and coming coaches are "good" you know? That's why we keep mentioning these known names, because that's all we can do.

I agree with Gase that we should get a DC that can be left alone to do his thing. 

Options are Jack Del Rio, Gregg Williams, Mike Nolan, and Spags.

Id be happy with any of those guys. I want us to run an attack style 4-3 so Nolan would be my least favorite. The other 3 fit the bill.

I’m not truly understanding the criticism that Gase just wants to be OC. To me, it’s everything in time. Once Darnold is playing at a high level on a consistent basis, than Gase should start to expand. But this team goes as Sam goes. He 100% needs to ensure Darnold reaches his full potential. To me, that’s Darnold being compared with a player like Luck. 

It’s going to be a process. And Darnold’s development is pretty close to the top of the list.

Edited by SDotNova

10 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I’m not truly understanding the criticism that Gase just wants to be OC. To me, it’s everything in time. Once Darnold is playing at a high level on a consistent basis, than Gase should start to expand. But this team goes as Sam goes. He 100% needs to ensure Darnold reaches his full potential. To me, that’s Darnold being compared with a player like Luck. 

It’s going to be a process. And Darnold’s development is pretty close to the top of the list.

I agree actually.  Even though you want your HC to have his hands on the whole team Gase saying he wants to be the main contact for Sam is a good thing.

He said one voice is what he wants which is what Sam needs I think.  A coach that is focused on Sam is the most important thing right now to ensure he gets the attention and growth we all need.  I would love to have Josh back as a 3rd string QB dirt cheep just to keep working with Sam.  He'd be glorified QB coach/hands on QB preparation coach.  

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

It appeared as if we keep the QB coach open last year so McCown could kind of slide into that role when he was ready. I wouldn't be surprised if that's still a possibility, considering Gase is comfortable with McCown and maybe the Jets ownership offered that up to all our coaching candidates.

Could be off base, just seems like something that makes sense.