Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

Now I’ve been more of a positive fan about the Gase hire. I’m not tech savvy so someone explain to me how to post a tweet lol, but a chart was tweeted about how the teams who run the ball more than 48% on 2nd and 10 is a true sign of incompetence. Gase was 3rd most and over 49%...I get absolutely infuriated when Gates did it and he even though he was like 12th most, it was nowhere near as much as Gase. Running on 2nd and 10 is just statistically moronic and this stat about Gase is honestly really scary. I hope it was due to the fact that they ran it much better than they threw the ball, but I’m a little scared about this. Not a positive chart to be on. 

52 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Now I’ve been more of a positive fan about the Gase hire. I’m not tech savvy so someone explain to me how to post a tweet lol, but a chart was tweeted about how the teams who run the ball more than 48% on 2nd and 10 is a true sign of incompetence. Gase was 3rd most and over 49%...I get absolutely infuriated when Gates did it and he even though he was like 12th most, it was nowhere near as much as Gase. Running on 2nd and 10 is just statistically moronic and this stat about Gase is honestly really scary. I hope it was due to the fact that they ran it much better than they threw the ball, but I’m a little scared about this. Not a positive chart to be on. 

I remember seeing that somewhere also. To cook a tweet just click the little down arrow in the top right and click "copy link to tweet."

This is a study similar to that, though it doesn't specifically have anything to do with Gase.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-called-a-run-on-first-down-youre-already-screwed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

More of a reason to beef up the OL and get a great RB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I remember seeing that somewhere also. To cook a tweet just click the little down arrow in the top right and click "copy link to tweet."

This is a study similar to that, though it doesn't specifically have anything to do with Gase.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-called-a-run-on-first-down-youre-already-screwed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Thanks man. I’ve been on FF since 2005 and still have to ask guys how to do simple stuff. Used to have to have guys make signatures for me back on the old site for years haha. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Teams are typically playing the pass on 2nd and 10 so I’m not necessarily against it. 

However being better on first down will help.