Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

Gase may be that hire that we picked on but ends up being a good move.  He put together a pretty talented coaching staff all together. Then he gets Maccagnan fired and gets us a pretty talented front office. The guy may know what hes doing? I mean he had nothing to work with in Miami and he did get them to the playoffs one year, which in Miami that is pretty impressive. It definitely feels weird having a HC that is about scoring points and attacking defenses. Maybe Gase getting to coach Darnold is what puts him back on the map as a offensive guru? Dude had Jay Cutler and Ryan Tannenglass, not much to go off of. 

Leveon Bell is like a weapon we have not had, or one that Gase has had. Gonna be interesting to see how he handles that. I think Darnold solidifies that hes a franchise QB this season and I have a weird feeling we may compete for the wild card spot.  Our defense could be real good, I am just worried that we are trash at CB making it hard. But we have multiple guys who are all pros or probowl caliber. 

This is the most excited I've been for a Jets season in a while. 

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 7:20 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

One of my friends played football at Temple and is boys with Mo and Jaiquan Jarrett.  He said Mo and some of the players thought Bowles was a joke and hated playing for him, couldn't wait to get out.

Mo can’t even get a job. 

Theres far more players who’ve publicly spoken highly of Bowles than carry more merit. 

Mo got paid and checked out. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is what I don't get. We are averaging 137 passing a game. I get we were snake bitten with injuries and a tough schedule. But I'm watching all these other teams step out with UDFA and 6th round rookies and still put forth an offensive showing.

Gase was advertised as an offensive mastermind. He should be able to get past a terrible offensive line and an inexperienced 3rd string QB. I don't expect to win games with this cast, but I expect to turn out more than 150 yards in the air. We don't motion, we don't pick, and we don't misdirect. It's amazing how vanilla this all feels.

We have a bye to fix this all and get our starters back. If we don't have 300 yards passing against a weak Eagles secondary, then I'm ready to give up on Gase. Let Douglas fill his camp with winners.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

This is what I don't get. We are averaging 137 passing a game. I get we were snake bitten with injuries and a tough schedule. But I'm watching all these other teams step out with UDFA and 6th round rookies and still put forth an offensive showing.

Gase was advertised as an offensive mastermind. He should be able to get past a terrible offensive line and an inexperienced 3rd string QB. I don't expect to win games with this cast, but I expect to turn out more than 150 yards in the air. We don't motion, we don't pick, and we don't misdirect. It's amazing how vanilla this all feels.

We have a bye to fix this all and get our starters back. If we don't have 300 yards passing against a weak Eagles secondary, then I'm ready to give up on Gase. Let Douglas fill his camp with winners.

Other successful teams are spending draft positions on skill. Yet we value Defense. And the league caters to offense. We’re 10 years late to the party to realize offense wins. Until we realize that... this franchise will be what it’s beeb for decades. And that’s a laugh

Our offense is bad. Darnold and Herndon will help some. But our OL is so bad that I dont think they'll help much. Harrison should start over Kalil at this point. We should try and see if Edoga can play at some point. At this point, we need to blow up the entire OL. Edoga at RT and the rest need to be Draft/FA/Trade. 

51 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Sam is a good player right now but he can’t turn that offense around by himself 

No he can’t, the way the line has played there is not going to be a significant improvement. They might just pickup up some more first downs.

Still don’t understand why Ty Montgomery isn’t being used as a WR right now since we are paper thin. So far there has been zero innovation. Great coaches don’t make excuses they make adjustments. Gase is a bad HC. The gap between Tom Brady and Jacoby Brisset is a mile wide in comparison to Sam and Luke yet BB still had his team winning and looking like an NFL offense. We are going to beat the Sam illness drum until we are blue in the face but honestly Gase has literally showed up on Sundays and collected a paycheck. If you’re going to say it’s too early to judge, please explain to me what he’s done well so far...one thing.

• Like 1

I was not happy with the signing of Gase. I really hope the first move Douglas makes is firing Gase. He is the biggest FRAUD of head coaches. He NEVER has a good O and he gets credit for a master of the O. Manning did all of his wok for him. I'm also starting to get a little mad at Sam. He better step up this year and start to produce. If I was same I would throw it a lot more deep balls and wheel routs. Gase is holding back this team and needs to go ASAP. I think Mich is going to move on from JH and I hope we get him. I don't think I can take another year with Gase. 

• Like 1