Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

37 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I was not happy with the signing of Gase. I really hope the first move Douglas makes is firing Gase. He is the biggest FRAUD of head coaches. He NEVER has a good O and he gets credit for a master of the O. Manning did all of his wok for him. I'm also starting to get a little mad at Sam. He better step up this year and start to produce. If I was same I would throw it a lot more deep balls and wheel routs. Gase is holding back this team and needs to go ASAP. I think Mich is going to move on from JH and I hope we get him. I don't think I can take another year with Gase. 

I agree, I wanted to like Gase but he’s not an NFL coach. The people expecting night and day when we get healthy are going to be sooo disappointed. His concepts are so elementary. This guy must be a mastermind in interviews because he sold us a dream and it’s been nothing but a nightmare. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

No he can’t, the way the line has played there is not going to be a significant improvement. They might just pickup up some more first downs.

Still don’t understand why Ty Montgomery isn’t being used as a WR right now since we are paper thin. So far there has been zero innovation. Great coaches don’t make excuses they make adjustments. Gase is a bad HC. The gap between Tom Brady and Jacoby Brisset is a mile wide in comparison to Sam and Luke yet BB still had his team winning and looking like an NFL offense. We are going to beat the Sam illness drum until we are blue in the face but honestly Gase has literally showed up on Sundays and collected a paycheck. If you’re going to say it’s too early to judge, please explain to me what he’s done well so far...one thing.

The hire never made sense to me from Day 1. He did nothing in Miami in the way of finding/developing a QB there so I have no idea why Chris Johnson thought he was the right choice. He was literally duped by a phone call from Peyton Manning.

Yet again, this stems from the absolutely clueless ownership running this team.

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The hire never made sense to me from Day 1. He did nothing in Miami in the way of finding/developing a QB there so I have no idea why Chris Johnson thought he was the right choice. He was literally duped by a phone call from Peyton Manning.

Yet again, this stems from the absolutely clueless ownership running this team.

It was clueless to not fire Mac awhile ago and let a new GM hire his guy.

• Like 2

It's just amazing to me how awful the OL and game plan is. 

I mean that one call and you all know which one I'm talking about on 3rd and 2 where we threw a screen to Bell 4 yards behind the LOS is about as close to a fireable offense as there is.  I pray to God that Gase is saving his creativity for when Sam gets back because if this continues Darnold is on his way to his third system in 3 years. 

• Like 3

Not even sure where to put this but this is flat out awful.  Amazing that we actually tried to upgrade this line and it not only is bad but it looks way worse then last years line that was at least able to pass protect even if their run blocking was bad.  Sam is going to be running for his life back there.

Alarming part about #Jets pass pro: NE sent 3 or 4 rushers on 19 of 27 dropbacks ... and still got pressure. NE had 10 pressures + 4 sacks when sending 3 or 4, per NFL Next Gen. Poor communication by O-line. Hard to believe 5 vet OLM can’t get in sync. Something ain’t right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not even sure where to put this but this is flat out awful.  Amazing that we actually tried to upgrade this line and it not only is bad but it looks way worse then last years line that was at least able to pass protect even if their run blocking was bad.  Sam is going to be running for his life back there.

Alarming part about #Jets pass pro: NE sent 3 or 4 rushers on 19 of 27 dropbacks ... and still got pressure. NE had 10 pressures + 4 sacks when sending 3 or 4, per NFL Next Gen. Poor communication by O-line. Hard to believe 5 vet OLM can’t get in sync. Something ain’t right.

Its 100% coaching

16 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Lol the line isn’t going to get any better soon. Free agency is grim for OL. We are going to have to draft and piece this together. It’s going to be a long process. Getting the LT in the draft this year with the first pick is an absolute must. 

True about FA.  Schreff is going to be the only one which is exactly why I'm all for going 100% OL in 2020.

RD1 - LT (Thomas/Little)
RD2 - OG (it's a super deep position so an immediate starter should be here)
RD3 - C (Typical round for a plug and play C)
RD3 (Leo trade) - OG (again really deep so it's likely we can land another starter

If we just did that we'd be so much better off assuming Edoga can handle the RT spot.  I'm all for a 100% OL change across the board.  Last time we doubled up on OL it kicked off a long stretch of winning for us and hopefully we are smart enough to do it again.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

Crazier things have happened, but chances are we are stuck with Gase for at least two years, if not more, so we better hope he figures it out. I'm going to try to avoid overreacting, but here are the things I've noticed through 3 weeks that I really dislike: 

1. Gase said he would tailor his scheme to the players' skill sets, but so far it's been a matter of the players having to fit into specific roles within Gase's scheme. I get it, some of the greatest coaches do this (Belichick), but when you're not good enough, you need to adjust. He hasn't. 
  2. Play calling has been atrocious and he's calling games too safe. Regardless whether your starting QB is out, team has to be more creative in getting the ball out of the QBs hand, running the no-huddle, running more quick/upfield routes (slants) to keep the defense honest. The amount of times we've thrown balls behind the LOS is baffling, even when Sam was in. This needs to change. 
  3. Gase is spending too much time passive-aggressively scapegoating players he isn't crazy about (that the former regime brought in) rather than taking upon himself to fix the issues. I'm all for a coach who calls out his players, but to this point only the QBs (guys he brought in), Bell, and Crowder (his prized offensive FA) have been immune to criticism. He can absolutely call the game differently to account for the deficiencies along the OL and depth at WR, but to this point he has refused to. Tells me his ego is getting the best of him and he's trying to prove a point that the OL and WRs units are not good, likely because they're "Maccagnan's" guys. 
  • Like 4

Wasn’t sure where to include this; Frank Pollack has been extremely disappointing. 

I was cautiously optimistic he’d help mask some of our deficiencies on the OL. I seriously don’t think I’ve ever seen a group with worse communication. We lack continuity and discipline up front, and part of that is the result of poor coaching.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

What’s the expectation for the offense once we get Sam back? 

I'm probably in the minority, but my expectations haven't changed drastically based on the past 3 weeks. If Sam is as good as most of us expect him to be, the offense should be alright. The good ones find a way to rise above adversity and elevate their supporting cast.

With that being said, the OL terrifies me. I want to believe they get better because they sure as hell can't get worse. 

• Like 1