Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

I agree that Gase isn't going anywhere. But that wont stop me at all from criticizing what I've seen so far. We had close to a full starting core game 1 and he called an awful game. So the whole we haven't had our starters in there excuse doesn't sit well with me. The main issue is the OL and that starting group has been together. That's the main excuse for not throwing down field and such bc there's no time to throw. That's on the staff to fix and they haven't. Getting Darnold and DT back doesn't fix the coaching. Every aspect of this team needs to get better. When a group is weak and looks bad but other phases look good that's a personnel thing. But when every single aspect of the game looks bad... That's on the coaching staff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree that Gase isn't going anywhere. But that wont stop me at all from criticizing what I've seen so far. We had close to a full starting core game 1 and he called an awful game. So the whole we haven't had our starters in there excuse doesn't sit well with me. The main issue is the OL and that starting group has been together. That's the main excuse for not throwing down field and such bc there's no time to throw. That's on the staff to fix and they haven't. Getting Darnold and DT back doesn't fix the coaching. Every aspect of this team needs to get better. When a group is weak and looks bad but other phases look good that's a personnel thing. But when every single aspect of the game looks bad... That's on the coaching staff.

We'll have a better idea come week 8 I think when the OL hopefully is better and Sam is 100% healthy again.  This first 1/4 of the season was a disaster no doubt but there's time to get this corrected and make a run.  

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

We'll have a better idea come week 8 I think when the OL hopefully is better and Sam is 100% healthy again.  This first 1/4 of the season was a disaster no doubt but there's time to get this corrected and make a run.  

You're completely leaving out the fact of that a team 0-8 wont play as hard, motivated, etc. as a team with a respectable record at that point. Should they? 100% yes. But unfortunately that's not how things work.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

You're completely leaving out the fact of that a team 0-8 wont play as hard, motivated, etc. as a team with a respectable record at that point. Should they? 100% yes. But unfortunately that's not how things work.

I'm saying weeks 5-8 not after week 8.  You seriously think we'll be 0-8 come week 8?  Man talk about glass half empty.

57 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm saying weeks 5-8 not after week 8.  You seriously think we'll be 0-8 come week 8?  Man talk about glass half empty.

Looking at the schedule the only team I can say we are better than is Miami... and being divisional games I could see us split with them. I 95% think we will go 0-7 to start the year. And that's 8th game is away at Miami

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Looking at the schedule the only team I can say we are better than is Miami... and being divisional games I could see us split with them. I 95% think we will go 0-7 to start the year. And that's 8th game is away at Miami

It's the NFL the best team doesn't always win.  Save the doom and gloom for when the time comes, not ready to be talking draft positioning yet.

How about we go out and play a struggling PHI team and get a win.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If they were actually winless in first half then you should be banned from this forum. heh.

Anyway, Eagles and Cowboys are prone to being shot in the feet. Jets will have a plenty of study video plus some inside information (Falk) about Jaguars' qb.  3 wins entering Dolphins game is a possibility.

I got us winning 4-5 games based on the fact we have Bell, Anderson, Herndon, and DT (Eventually) returning at some point on offense. I think we can beat Miami, Washington, Oakland, and Pitt. When healthy, our matchup against the Cowboys is interesting but I'm not willing to bet on us. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2019 at 9:13 PM, Bobby816 said:

I actually think this hire is a game plan... a game plan to get us all ready for yet another awful FA period even though we have money and a poor draft like all of Maccs have pretty much been. Calm the expectation in early January. Not a bad philosophy 

Money post