Adam Gase hired to be the HC of the NYJ

jetskid007

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The best DL coach in the NFL can’t turn every player into a stud D-Linemen. 

Let’s give him a chance with Darnold. 

I don't see what you mean

Genuine question: Can you please provide concrete evidence of him producing "genius" offensive concepts, milestones, achievements?

If Peyton Manning is all you can provide, that's very interesting to me

50 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I don't see what you mean

Genuine question: Can you please provide concrete evidence of him producing "genius" offensive concepts, milestones, achievements?

If Peyton Manning is all you can provide, that's very interesting to me

Cutler
15 games(6-9)
64.4%
3,659 yards
21-11 TD-INT(2.2 INT percentage)
92.3 Passer RTG

Gase leaves
5 games(1-4)
59.1%
1,059 yards
4-5 TD-INT(3.6 INT percentage)
78.1 Passer RTG

2017 in Miami
14 games(6-8)
62%
2,666 yards
19-14 TD-INT(3.2 INT percentage)
80.8 Passer RTG

Tannehill

13 games(8-5)
67.1%
2,995 yards
19-12 TD-INT(3.0 INT percentage)
93.5 Passer RTG

2017- DNP

11 games(5-6)
64.2%
1,979 yards
17-9 TD-INT(3.2 INT percentage)
92.7 Passer RTG

By comparison lets look at his work with Manning

We know the records lets check the stats

Comp 5
59.8(last season in decline)

TD-INT
37-11
55-10
39-15
9-17

Passer RTG

INT %

Now numbers dont tell us everything but many of you guys are results oriented so those are the numbers FWIW

So what does this tell me.

He makes QBs better, they perform well under him.

His offense seems to dependent on RAC and making the right read to maximize the RAC. This is where I think Enunwa can come along and become what he turned Demaryius Thomas into.

Darnold is better QB than Tannehill and Cutler and has better physical tools than Manning. Obviously Peyton is far more cerebral but you get the point.

I believe he will have Darnold playing extremely well from the start, remember Darnold sat a few weeks and came back better. If he played as well as he did late, early in the year who knows if we win a couple more games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2718815-nfl1000-ranking-the-best-offensive-schemes.amp.html

Gase believes just as much in analytics as he does in old-school ideas, and in many ways he appears to be the prototype for the new kind of coach who will best succeed in the NFL—listen to your players, game-plan for each opponent differently and don't get too stuck in one concept.”

• Like 1

Gase was not my first choice but I honestly like this hire from a coaching standpoint. He takes no prisoners, he’s tough, he is passionate and it could be a sneaky good hire. Let’s give this guy a chance. 

Only thing that worries me truly, is we probably have zero chance of Leveon Bell based on the consensus that Gase was not a players coach. As much as I want Bell, I still want players that don’t cry when the coach gets tough. So if that’s Bell...keep it moving man we don’t need cry babies here. Everyone needs to toughen up and maybe this is the guy.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Gase was not my first choice but I honestly like this hire from a coaching standpoint. He takes no prisoners, he’s tough, he is passionate and it could be a sneaky good hire. Let’s give this guy a chance. 

Only thing that worries me truly, is we probably have zero chance of Leveon Bell based on the consensus that Gase was not a players coach. As much as I want Bell, I still want players that don’t cry when the coach gets tough. So if that’s Bell...keep it moving man we don’t need cry babies here. Everyone needs to toughen up and maybe this is the guy.

We still need talent on offense more so than anything. Cry baby or not we need talent.

• Like 1

After sleeping on it I’m ok with the hire... BUT cautious in it. I’m very concerned about his people skills. Macc should stick to what his plan is. Bc Gase I feel thinks he can win with certain talent not actual talent. Talent needs to be brought in on this offense period. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Greene N White said:

I wanted McCarthy but at the same time orur #1 priority needs to be developing Sam so I don’t get why people are so mad at the hiring. We can’t make the same mistake that we made with Sanchez and even geno/hack for that matter.

For me, it’s because it cane out of left field. So I never really took Gase serious. 

But he has a lot of the same things I liked in Monken. Seems like Gase’s personality could be an issue. I would have still preferred Monken, but I’m starting to see how this could work. I’m coming around to it. Hearing what QBs have to say about him is interesting. 

Edited by SDotNova

11 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I really don’t know how I feel about this, I’m a fan of his from a schematic stand point and think Sam will excel with him but the back and forth of his team quitting and not quitting on him scares me.

Me too, am I suppose to love this pick, or hate this pick? 

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223482025.html

the anti Rhule?

emo Brian Schottenheimer?

The playcalling thing is a major issue amongst Fin fans 

But he had Tannehill, Cutler and Osweiller. Hopefully having Darnold will open up his playbook. 

In truth I was jealous of the Dolphins when they hire him. Some of the things I read about him over the years down here in South Florida has me skeptical but again I’d take Darnold over any of the QBs he had to work with.

I don't think any of us question he has a good offensive mind. But its clear he needs talent. He's not this genius making average players good. Darnold developing is obviously the priority. But Gase seems to throw his WRs under the bus a lot (see Landry and Parker). So im worried about him actually bringing in legit talent at WR beyond what we have. I feel he will just target guys that fit what he visions but actually are average. And that's what we've had at WR for WAY TOO LONG. We need actual talent.