Jets hire Adam Gase as HC

barnaby8787

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Not only did Darnold endorse the Gase decision when informed, but Peyton Manning recommended Gase in a private phone call to one of the Johnson's.

Peyton would have recommended Gase for any job - Peyton is Gase's shill at this point.  Peyton wants to get "his guy" a job so, and this isn't me trying to be mean-spirited just very reasonably skeptical, he's going to say whatever he needs to and pitch Gase as being a great fit however he needs to get Adam the job.  Basically, he's got Gase's best interest in mind more than he does Darnold's.

11 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Not only did Darnold endorse the Gase decision when informed, but Peyton Manning recommended Gase in a private phone call to one of the Johnson's.

LOL Darnold is a 21 year old rookie. He’s not going to tell the brass “no, don’t hire him”

oops 2nd year player now 

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

What does this mean for McCarthy? Is he not coaching this year?

Probably takes a studio gig and sees where things go from there.  There have been rumblings that the Lions are interested in him for their OC job, but so many of his assistant appear to be staying in Green Bay, so - no offence Lions fans - I can see the studio having more allure.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Probably takes a studio gig and sees where things go from there.  There have been rumblings that the Lions are interested in him for their OC job, but so many of his assistant appear to be staying in Green Bay, so - no offence Lions fans - I can see the studio having more allure.

Philbin is interviewing in MN for the OL coach job. I'd imagine there will be a lot of turnover on the offensive side of the coaching staff.

39 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

LOL Darnold is a 21 year old rookie. He’s not going to tell the brass “no, don’t hire him”

oops 2nd year player now 

When asked for comment, 19-year-old Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence was like "I approve of the Gase hire."

Archived