Jets hire Adam Gase as HC

barnaby8787

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

He failed with Tanny lol

I think this move is hilarious. He had all the pieces in Miami to succeed and crapped the bed. Keep this man in the AFC East 😃

How did he fail with Tannehill? He was 10-6 (8-5) with him in 2016 and made the playoffs and had to play a 3rd string QB. Tanny didn't play in 2017, and again was in and out of the lineup this year and was still in the playoff race. 

He failed with the control of the roster part, do we know if he has that on the Jets? Miami had a very low value roster this year. 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

How did he fail with Tannehill? He was 10-6 (8-5) with him in 2016 and made the playoffs and had to play a 3rd string QB. Tanny didn't play in 2017, and again was in and out of the lineup this year and was still in the playoff race. 

He failed with the control of the roster part, do we know if he has that on the Jets? Miami had a very low value roster this year. 

How is he a good coach? He inherited a pretty solid roster and bumbled the team into a rebuild without salary cap issues?

And tbh, 90% of the teams are "in the playoff race" if you consider a 7-9 teams "in a playoff race."  Perhaps he only has bad games against the Bills judging by reactions around here

46 minutes ago, Ajayii said:

That's the thing. Our roster hasn't been bad enough for a top pick. If I had to bet, they trade away some vets like Cam Wake and Reshad Jones(not if Richard is hired). 

Wake is a FA. Him, James and possibly Hayes are the only FA's we really have to think about. 

39 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

How is he a good coach? He inherited a pretty solid roster and bumbled the team into a rebuild without salary cap issues?

And tbh, 90% of the teams are "in the playoff race" if you consider a 7-9 teams "in a playoff race."  Perhaps he only has bad games against the Bills judging by reactions around here

I wouldn't really call Miami's 2015 or 2016 teams very good... but to each his own. I think he overachieved both this year and in 2016

52 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He definitely overachieved. Dolphins fans complaining about Gase don't understand the dire state of our roster. Gase obviously had a terrific 10-6 campaign with a healthy Tannehill. But since then, he's not had a quality starting QB. Obviously last year was Cutler and this year Tannehill was in and out of the lineup (and playing hurt the last few games). His ability to get the most out of a lackluster bunch is what makes me like him.

He's usually a pretty good, creative play caller. Sometimes his team doesn't show up. Our losses were pretty much all blow outs under Gase. But he brings a grit about him, for sure. He may also clash with some players in the locker room.

He wasn't perfect in Miami, definitely, but was about as good as you can expect from a rookie HC given a talent depraved roster. He'll (unfortunately) fix Sam Darnold. He may just ruin your defense though.

You've just described a good OC and a bad HC....

I honestly don't see all this upside everyone is looking at, he just got out of a situation in which he wasn't doing a good job of managing the roster, and keeping players playing at a high level.

Just now, kramxel said:

You've just described a good OC and a bad HC....

I honestly don't see all this upside everyone is looking at, he just got out of a situation in which he wasn't doing a good job of managing the roster, and keeping players playing at a high level.

If Gase is a bad HC, so is over half of the HCs in the league.

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If Gase is a bad HC, so is over half of the HCs in the league.

I just don't see enough evidence to consider him a good coach, and the fact that his team has got worse from year to year, definitely doesn't favor him.

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

He alienated players and is stubborn with his scheme and mindset as well.

Players celebrated his firing. That says a lot IMO. Kind of feel like the NY media is going to eat him alive. Sam Darnold won't be enough to make him successful, he'll need to learn how to be a HC.

Which players, other than Landry who isn't with the team anymore?

Archived