Kyler Murray QB OU

49erurtaza

Still doesn't that mean he will lose millions of dollars potentially because he broke the $5 Million dollar contract he signed with the A's which was for him to play baseball after the college football season.  Not enter the NFL draft?

But yes baseball is boring as hell and few pay attention to it compared to football.  But baseball is by far more safe and if he is good could make more money long term for doing less physical work in terms of great physical effort and pain endured with football potentially.

He could play in the NFL sure but would be a late 1st round pick but most likely a decent 2nd rounder best case.  If he ran a 4.3 40 though that could help his stock greatly.  Is a better passer than Lamar Jackson of course and he was a 1st rounder as basically just a raw athlete at the QB position.  

6 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

If he's the #32 pick he'll exceed the $5M guaranteed by going the baseball route, no? If he is getting 1st round feedback, then this is the easy choice to make. 

If he makes it to the MLB level and is good, he'd likely earn far more than he would in football, and would likely be in much better shape long-term with regards to his health. But making the MLB is hard enough. Even as a utility/journeyman, he probably earns more in baseball if he can just stick around, but that's still a long timeline overall. He should also be able to capitalize right away on marketing and apparel deals since he's a much bigger deal in football.

Just now, JammerHammer21 said:

If he makes it to the MLB and is good, he'd likely earn far more than he would in football, and would likely be in much better shape long-term with regards to his health. But making the MLB is hard enough. Even as a utility/journeyman, he probably earns more in baseball if he can just stick around, but that's still a long timeline overall.

Even at QB? If he's just an average starting QB he'll be looking at $20M+ a year. He'd have to be an all-star level MLB guy to make that money right? Granted it'd all be guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Even at QB? If he's just an average starting QB he'll be looking at $20M+ a year. He'd have to be an all-star level MLB guy to make that money right? Granted it'd all be guaranteed.

If he's good in football, he'll do well financially, but he's almost certainly in worse shape with regards to his long-term health. 

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I really don't like this cause I think he will have to change positions in the NFL.  Too small and slight to be an NFL QB.  The closest comparison in Russell Wilson who is a couple inches taller and much thicker built.

If he's choosing to play football over baseball, I doubt it's to come in to the league to play wide receiver. 

Just now, skhurst0398 said:

If he's choosing to play football over baseball, I doubt it's to come in to the league to play wide receiver. 

Oh, I'm sure he is going to try to play QB, but I think he fails at it and would need a position change to last for any extended period of time.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Still doesn't that mean he will lose millions of dollars potentially because he broke the $5 Million dollar contract he signed with the A's which was for him to play baseball after the college football season.  Not enter the NFL draft?

He hasn't broken the contract

14 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I really don't like this cause I think he will have to change positions in the NFL.  Too small and slight to be an NFL QB.  The closest comparison in Russell Wilson who is a couple inches taller and much thicker built.

He'll play QB. No one is going to draft him for any other position, and if they do for some stupid reason he would just play baseball instead. 

Archived