Kyler Murray QB OU

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

I didn't ignore it. I highlighted the part of his post that blatantly false. 

The argument is if he's good in the MLB he he'd likely earn more money AND would be in better long term health.

You took the part of the comment which could be debated but completely ignored the entire comment, which really can't be debated, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The argument is if he's good in the MLB he he'd likely earn more money AND would be in better long term health.

You took the part of the comment which could be debated but completely ignored the entire comment, which really can't be debated, IMO. 

If the comment can't be debated, why would he try to debate it? At the end of the day, it comes down to a preference. He's likely earn comparable money. I'd tilt the money angle more towards the NFL. The health angle tilts towards the MLB. It all comes down to whether Murray enjoys football more than baseball and is willing to risk his health.

If I were in his shoes, I'd pick football.

Just now, Scalamania said:

Baseball would be better for his long-term health. There's no argument against that. I didn't quote that part because it's not worth "debating". I'm not "ignoring" that by not including it in a discussion about which sport would be better financially because it isn't relevant to that.

Football is better for him financially if he's drafted early. There is no legitimate argument against that. Yet many people still believe that baseball would be better financially, which is why I explained why football makes more sense from a financial standpoint. 

29 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Russ has a way bigger frame, and a better arm. Murray is nowhere near the prospect that Russ was. And Wilson runs to pass, Murray tries to get alot more than Wilson on the ground and while its amazing to watch, and works alot of times, when it doesnt he takes hits that will destroy him in the NFL.

Russell wasn't a great prospect, certainly not a better prospect than Murray. 

Russell wasn't a great prospect, certainly not a better prospect than Murray. 

Yes, he was. His only knock was his size. In the years around Wilson's draft the height and size of a QB was being totally over-prioritized, and Wilson fell mostly due to that reason. In that draft, if he was 6'3 instead of 5'11, he would have been a R1 pick. He is head-and-shoulders a better prospect than Murray. He wasnt in need of a total NFL weight training regiment when coming out of college, as Murray is.

Murray is an exciting prospect, but he is far from a great one. Thats the best way to sum him up.

The only running NFL QB with success at a size similar to Murray, in recent years, is Mike Vick. And Vick was more physically gifted than Kyle in every single category, and still wasnt that great.

He was also 20lbs heavier.

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

If the comment can't be debated, why would he try to debate it? At the end of the day, it comes down to a preference. He's likely earn comparable money. I'd tilt the money angle more towards the NFL. The health angle tilts towards the MLB. It all comes down to whether Murray enjoys football more than baseball and is willing to risk his health.

If I were in his shoes, I'd pick football.

If the story is true that he is considering entering the NFL draft even after the A"s handed him some money then that clear shows where his passion is at, Football 

40 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Baker is 2-3 inches taller, 20 pounds heavier with a LOT more experience. No comparison between the two except where they went to school and getting a Heisman.

And a year ago, a bunch of people doubted Baker. A few years ago, a bunch of people doubted Wilson. If people think Murray doesn't have the goods, that's fine. But you're going to have to do better than "he's too small" for me. I've learned from my mistake with Russell Wilson.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

And a year ago, a bunch of people doubted Baker. A few years ago, a bunch of people doubted Wilson. If people think Murray doesn't have the goods, that's fine. But you're going to have to do better than "he's too small" for me. I've learned from my mistake with Russell Wilson.

and imagine when ditches baseball and focuses on maximizing his potential as a QB......sky is the limit

Archived