Kyler Murray QB OU

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Russel Willson is only about an inch taller. Wilson is 5105, Murray is expected to be measured at 5905.

I was looking at his combine page that listed 5’11”.  Maybe they rounded up?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/russell-wilson?id=2532975

I remember Mayfield listed taller at the combine than he was in Mobile.  You never know their true measurement.  I’d be willing to bet Wilson has much bigger hands than Murray.

r960-9d67d5f0d6966118db9b043344af9dab.jp

23 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I was looking at his combine page that listed 5’11”.  Maybe they rounded up?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/russell-wilson?id=2532975

I remember Mayfield listed taller at the combine than he was in Mobile.  You never know their true measurement.  I’d be willing to bet Wilson has much bigger hands than Murray.

http://draftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=72519

Russell Wilson is 5105 exactly and weighed 204 at the combine

http://www.draftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=1002514

they have Kyler Murray at 5906 and 195lbs, those measurements are often based on what they're given by BLESTO scouts in the spring, so they're a pretty good predictor of how they'll measure at the combine. The height is typically pretty damn accurate and, obviously, the weight can change drastically based on how the player prepares for the combine. But the weight is usually in the ballpark of how they weigh in at the combine.

Russell Wilson has larger hands than Kyler Murray, that won't be in doubt. But, when talking about issues of hand size, you really need to evaluate if a player's smaller hands either a) result in fumbling issues or b) prevent him from gripping the ball well enough to throw for velocity and distance from all different arm angles. The actual measurement of the hands doesn't really matter because players have varying levels of grip strength that either make their hand size an issue or let them overcome having smaller hands (the hand measurement made public is also just one of two useful hand measurements so there is some info left out).

...Also, Baker measured at 6005 at the combine. He measured at 6003 at the Senior Bowl. That's a discrepancy of a quarter of an inch and it can likely be explained by Baker being measured later in the day at the Senior Bowl vs being measured early in the morning at the combine. You literally get shorter throughout the day from that fun thing called gravity, so it actually makes sense that there would be that slight discrepancy. Combine measurements are the standard, so you actually do know their "true" measurement because you get that measurement for all players in the same environment and under the same conditions. 

18 hours ago, lod01 said:

$15 in baseball? Chicken feed. Low end ham & eggers make that kinda jack.

Not in the minors. It really depends how long they expect him to rise through the ranks, or how good they expect him to pan out to be.

Depends on his baseball career. Is there a crazy enough team that would blow a top 5 pick on a player who could potentially quit football at any given moment? Maybe there is a crazy enough team that holds multiple 1st round picks? :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Depends on his baseball career. Is there a crazy enough team that would blow a top 5 pick on a player who could potentially quit football at any given moment? Maybe there is a crazy enough team that holds multiple 1st round picks? :ph34r:

He should sign something that says he has to play football otherwise too risky. I think Winston had to do the same.

Murray can still choose to go to the MLB if he doesn't go to a team he thinks will help him succeed, right? If that's true, he has a ton of leverage going into the NFL and can basically control his own destiny for his NFL future. I don't think he goes top 15, but he's definitely going in the first round. If I'm a team like the Chargers, I'm thinking Rivers' days are numbered and I think about trading up if Murray falls past the halfway point.

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Sigh. Over-rated.

Yup, I, a Sooner fan said it. And I believe it. 14 games. Got rattled in his biggest. Not convinced he will be successful in anything other than baseball.

He wasn't even bad against Alabama though.  Oklahoma's defense lost the game in that first quarter.

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He wasn't even bad against Alabama though.  Oklahoma's defense lost the game in that first quarter.

We knew what we had in our Defense. It is due to our Offense it got as bad as 28-0. Scored nothing until the 2nd quarter and then only a TD and FG. Yuck. His completion % in most other games were over 65. Not this one. 52%, if one rounds up. That is horrible. Watch the game and you can see puzzled looks thrown Murray's way by WRs who were open, but the ball was off target, repeatedly. 

Archived