Sooners' Kyler Murray officially declares for NFL draft

TheKillerNacho

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

His height isn't nearly the concern his weight is to me. 180 pounds is incredibly light (the only players who play at this weight are kickers and some secondary/receivers but even then that's small) - and his frame looks like it would get snapped in half at the NFL level.

Absolutely this. The height doesn't bother me in the least. The weight is absolutely the biggest issue for me. 

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Take him at #13, Miami.

If he tanks, just draft another QB in 2020.

This is brilliant.

Take him in the first round knowing he will flame out, but sell the fan base on him being the QB of the future so they're not frustrated at the wasted years. Then when he does flame out, you're in prime tank position to draft Trevor Lawrence. Fool proof plan.

Normally I would scoff at a guy his size playing in the NFL, but I have been proven wrong a decent amount lately. Darren Sproles is still playing and still effective. Tarik Cohen is the most dangerous weapon the Bears have. Tyreek Hill is the most dangerous man in the NFL. And those guys play RB/WR, positions that take way more punishment than a QB does. A QB has never been more protected than they are right now. 

I've discounted small but incredible athletes for their stature before and was flat out wrong. I think Murray has a shot in the NFL.

Though of course, not all guys like that pan out. There are still Tavon Austin types around.

59 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

This is brilliant.

Take him in the first round knowing he will flame out, but sell the fan base on him being the QB of the future so they're not frustrated at the wasted years. Then when he does flame out, you're in prime tank position to draft Trevor Lawrence. Fool proof plan.

I'm ready for some excitement, whether it's the terrible or brilliant variety, I'm open to either for 2019 :) 

3 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Take him at #13, Miami.

If he tanks, just draft another QB in 2020.

Tbh, I hate Drew Lock as a prospect but I'd almost prefer Drew Lock if we're getting a QB (Assuming Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins are both off the board to NYG and JAX).

Murray can make plays but how long can he actually play?

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Murray can make plays but how long can he actually play?

The way QBs get "sacked" nowadays - I think we should collectively adjust how we perceive QBs in terms of necessary durability.

I will say - I'm very curious what his actual, combine measurements will be. Height, weight, but most importantly.. hand size.

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

you guys actually watch Murray play? Dude is a baller, and is a better prospect than Baker.. special player, and talent

xD xD xD xD xD

¬¬

Uh, nope. Should stick to MLB. Too little experience to really gauge how he would handle the NFL and it wasn't pretty with his biggest game...the Orange Bowl.

Archived