The Mock: Kyler Murray Edition (With Trades)

DaPatsKid98

Not a fan of the draft for Cincy.  Really it starts with Murray.  I know you have already gone around with a few of our fans about his size, and that concerns me.  There's another factor that would keep me away, besides addressing other positions.  It's the Mike Brown factor.  Kyler Murray has leverage, and Mike Brown should be wary of that.  If he didn't want to play here, he could just go to the A's and that would be that.  Not saying he would do that for sure, but teams could find themselves in a Eli Manning type situation depending on his agent and whether he wants to leverage where he plays.  Older Bengals fans remember the year we drafted Steve Young, who used the USFL to leverage Brown and took the contract from the USFL.  We got nothing to show for it, plus no QB who went on to a HOF career.

Vosean Joseph freelances too much for me.  Maybe if he was the third best LB on the field that would work great.  Whoever the first LB we draft will probably be our best.  With that said, I'm grabbing White in the first if he is there.  If not, I'm going after Little or trading back and targeting Little, Risner or possibly Ford.  If we ghrabn a takle in the first, Germaine Pratt in the second.  

I like the Deiter pick.

This mock started beautiful for the Titans with Wilkins, and then questionable choices were made.

So let's make it right. Rather than Charles Omenihu it should be Brian Burns. Brian Orakpo retired, Morgan is a shell of his former self. 

Then if we are gonna trade up it ain't gonna be for any QB in this draft. Comes to it we draft one next year. So instead in the scenario we do trade up we would get Chris Lindstrom. We got our bookends, but our guards and Center need replacing. 

Looks like the two biggest winners from the giants and cardinals trade are the 9ers landing Bosa at 2 and us grabbing the sliding Josh Allen at 5. Dude is a top 3 talent. Thompson is a steal in the 2nd, and Winovich would bring some nice swagger to our defense and has a chance to be a contributor since I suspect we will be switching to a 3-4 base under Bowles. Nice job for the Bucs. We can get OL in FA.

#31- New England Patriots 

The New England Patriots select Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

I don't even know the player however I hate Florida players especially when the Pats draft one. Every player we have picked from that school sucks. The only player that gave us anything was Spikes and Hernandez and it was little/short at best.

Also we need DT, TE,S,WR.

Irv Smith, TE, Alabama

Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa 

Pick one and there is no need to trade picks

Dominique Easley

New England Patriots DT
Jon Halapio New England Patriots G
Jermaine Cunningham New England Patriots LB
Brandon Spikes New England Patriots LB
Aaron Hernandez New England Patriots TE
Chad Jackson New England Patriots WR
Jeremy Mincey New England Patriots DE
Guss Scott New England Patriots DB
Tony George New England Patriots DB
Lawrence Hatch New England Patriots DB
Ray McDonald New England Patriots WR
Brian Clark New England Patriots K
Charlie Williams New England Patriots LB

On 1/10/2019 at 11:38 AM, DaPatsKid98 said:

- Houston Texans

The Houston Texans select Kaden Smith, TE, Stanford

No. Texans don't need a TE. At all. 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:38 AM, DaPatsKid98 said:

#82- Houston Texans via Minnesota Vikings

The Vikings trade pick #82 to the Texans in exchange for safety Kareem Jackson, a 4th round pick next year, and a 6th round pick next year.

The Texans select Kaleb McGary, OL, Washington

Jackson is a FA, and the best DB in our secondary. There's no way they would trade him - heck, they CAN'T trade him.

Archived