The Mock: Kyler Murray Edition (With Trades)

DaPatsKid98

6 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

#12-  Green Bay Packers

The Green Bay Packers select Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Oliver or Ferrell seems like the most logical choices.

#32- Green Bay Packers

The Green Bay Packers select Drew Lock, QB, Missouri 

Why would they draft a QB in the 1st round?  They just traded for DeShone Kizer, and Rodgers has another 5 years.  QB isn't the position they're going to take in the 1st round.  There's probably a dozen players who are better fits.

#52- Green Bay Packers via Pittsburgh Steelers

The Green Bay Packers select Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M

Good enough value here in the trade, but grab the Delaware safety instead.

#76- Green Bay Packers

The Packers select Garrett Bradbury, OL, N.C. State

Adds to the OL depth.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Oliver or Ferrell seems like the most logical choices.

Why would they draft a QB in the 1st round?  They just traded for DeShone Kizer, and Rodgers has another 5 years.  QB isn't the position they're going to take in the 1st round.  There's probably a dozen players who are better fits.

Good enough value here in the trade, but grab the Delaware safety instead.

Adds to the OL depth.

I was a Kizer hopeful coming out of Notre Dame, but he just doesn’t have it. Some guys don’t, it’s ok to give up on them. I’m willing to bet my left nut that Rodgers is not playing quarterback for Green Bay in 5 years. But, drafting Drew Lock ensures the Pack do have a guy to play. The McCarthy marriage ended in Green Bay, who’s to say the Rodgers marriage won’t? If this team doesn’t turn it around and make a few deep playoff pushes soon, I’d say AR12 is gone in three years tops. Drafting his successor in round one doesn’t help him win now, but there IS life after Rodgers in Wisconsin. They need to plan adequately.

1 hour ago, Smhx2519 said:

Ok I just want to make sure I understand this as a Cardinals fan, we are going to trade our most dynamic offensive playmaker for a tackle? 

Not only did Arizona end up with...

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

Michael Deiter, OL, Wisconsin

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

but they also come out with two extra fourth round picks this year AND the Giants first round pick next year. Agree to disagree, but I think that sounds like a solid plan to me. This is only 3 rounds, but if this doesn’t remarkably make AZ better, I don’t know what else will. Kurt Warner ain’t walking through that door....

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I was a Kizer hopeful coming out of Notre Dame, but he just doesn’t have it. Some guys don’t, it’s ok to give up on them. I’m willing to bet my left nut that Rodgers is not playing quarterback for Green Bay in 5 years. But, drafting Drew Lock ensures the Pack do have a guy to play. The McCarthy marriage ended in Green Bay, who’s to say the Rodgers marriage won’t? If this team doesn’t turn it around and make a few deep playoff pushes soon, I’d say AR12 is gone in three years tops. Drafting his successor in round one doesn’t help him win now, but there IS life after Rodgers in Wisconsin. They need to plan adequately.

The contract that the Packers just gave Aaron Rodgers certainly does.  Even if the Packers woke up tomorrow and decided they wanted to move on from Aaron Rodgers, they'd incur $59.4M in dead cap.  His cap hit for the 2019 season is $26.5M, and they don't actually save money until after the 2020 season.  That means they're tied for a minimum of 2 more years together.  Realistically speaking, 3 years is probably the minimum that those two are tied together.  They'll plan accordingly.  This offseason isn't it.

2 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Not only did Arizona end up with...

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame

Michael Deiter, OL, Wisconsin

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

but they also come out with two extra fourth round picks this year AND the Giants first round pick next year. Agree to disagree, but I think that sounds like a solid plan to me. This is only 3 rounds, but if this doesn’t remarkably make AZ better, I don’t know what else will. Kurt Warner ain’t walking through that door....

I fail to see how trading David Johnson makes the Cardinals better. It’s an unnecessary trade with little return value. The rest of your picks are fine but Paris Cambell is just another 6 foot receiver to add to the long line of flat 6 footer we have. 

I do fully support your trading us out of the number 1 pick. 

im not sure the jags would do that draft. bortles is 95% chance of cut/trade and while we could sign someone to qb im expecting them to draft a guy within the 1st 3 rounds more likely in round 1 or 2.  im not a huge thorson fan in round 3. late rounds sure but that early no thank you. 

i also think that well drafting gaskins would be okay we have a Huge hole at RG and likely have 1 also at RT.   

i would go DK Metcalf, trade our 2nd and the rams 3rd for the 32nd pick and grab Lock(to secure our qb) and use that 3rd rounder to pick up Michael Dieter who might be able to play at RT(i am not sold on our 4th round rookie from last year to play RT well based on his preseason tape and lack of Playing time this year) and at worse Dieter takes off with RG. 

2 out of 3 for the Falcons ain't bad at all fam.   Simmons in the 1st is a great pick and who i want on draft day if Williams and Oliver are gone.  Heck i might even take him over oliver im not sure on that yet. 

Jackson at Edge in round 3 is a mighty fine pick as well and one i could get behind we can always use more pass rush.

The 1 pick i have a slight problem with is Coleman in round 2 as he is a MLB and we have one of the top 5 MLB's in the nfl right now in Deion Jones.  He's not going to take over Debo's spot and i don't think we would move Debo off of MLB to WLB unless it was for a top tier elite player like a White and even then the need just isn't big enough for us to do it right now.

I think the biggest mistake made is you didn't pick a Offensive lineman for us in the 1st  3 rounds when we only have 2 O-lineman set at Center and LT in Mack and Matthews.  The rest of our O-line is a pile of garbage right now and all need to be upgraded or fixed.  We need atleast 1 starter at OT or OG in the 1st 3 rounds  possibly 1 of each in the 1st 4 rounds.  Then also a FA O-lineman.  Quinn himself even said we only have 2 good lineman and the rest need to be scrubbed and listed mack and matthews as the ones safe. 

So what i would do is keep the 1st and 3rd round picks  then take Lindstrom in round 2 on the OL and then use the 2 4th round picks for another Lineman and here you can grab that extra OLB if you want or heck even another DT or power back it's your choice lol. 

The 3 guys or scenarios i seen that would have worked better for us would be

Cajuste OL in 2nd and Jackson in 3rd     Lindstrom in 2nd Jackson in 3rd    or one i almost missed   Zach Allen in Round 2 to pair with Simmons then Mcgary OL in the 3rd. 

Simmons, Allen, and Mcgary  is a ridiculously strong draft at 3 of our biggest positions of need and build our trenches right off the bat.

I'm not sure about Ford as a first round prospect, drafting a DE in round two, unless he can play LB in a 4-3, and then trading for a safety, mainly because Anthony Harris is a restricted free agent, so I see the Vikings keeping him and cutting Sendejo and not needing a starting safety.

I sound like a broken record at this point but whatevs

Seattle

1. Seattle had depth and talent issues along the defensive line all year. Frank Clark is a UFA, Stephens (other starter) is a UFA, Jarran Reed is a UFA in 2020. Seattle needs a replacement for the bungled McDowell (who was supposed to replace Bennett) pick from 2016. They also need another DT as well. 

2. Seattle is set at LT [Duane Brown] and RTs Ifedi and Fant are both still under contract next year.  

3. Jon Schneider's draft style has always been to trade down out the 1st. TBH, any mock that doesn't have Seattle trading down is wrong. Especially considering Seattle has no 2nd round pick. 

Overall I just don't understand how anyone that watched Seattle this year walks away saying RT is the most important need in the draft. Are we still building mocks with 2016 NFL memes?

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The contract that the Packers just gave Aaron Rodgers certainly does.  Even if the Packers woke up tomorrow and decided they wanted to move on from Aaron Rodgers, they'd incur $59.4M in dead cap.  His cap hit for the 2019 season is $26.5M, and they don't actually save money until after the 2020 season.  That means they're tied for a minimum of 2 more years together.  Realistically speaking, 3 years is probably the minimum that those two are tied together.  They'll plan accordingly.  This offseason isn't it.

And this isn't the greatest QB class either.  If we look for Rodgers' eventual replacement I hope this isn't the year.

Archived