• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Vance
    • Mac

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Credit .... the only reason we hired Vangio was to have a co coordinator head coach thing. And it all erodes after the hire it makes no sense.

The "only" reason they hired Fangio was because he was their favorite candidate they interviewed. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

The "only" reason they hired Fangio was because he was their favorite candidate they interviewed. 

I don't believe that the plan always was have Vangio take care of the D and kubiak was to have a big role with the o. We blocked teams from interviewing Kubiak. 

This fell through because of staffing issues which should of been talked about prior to the head coach hire.

3 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Yeah, missing out on Round 3 of Brian Pariani and Rick Dennison is terrible. xD

The two main issues are that we may not have an experienced HC on the staff now, and we may not have an experienced offensive play caller on the staff now. 

I don't believe that the plan always was have Vangio take care of the D and kubiak was to have a big role with the o. We blocked teams from interviewing Kubiak. 

This fell through because of staffing issues which should of been talked about prior to the head coach hire.

Schefter clarified that the team was not blocking Kubiak, he did not want to leave. 

Why should staffing issues be hammered out before the head coach is hired? He's the head coach. 

This is exactly right. The plan was co-HC similar to the Kubes/Wade paring. 

And here I was posting in the other thread lol. 

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Today's news should be assuaging a lot of people's concerns about Elway's refusal to adapt and the nepotism within the organization. 

To an extent, yes. But it definitely brings up other concerns. Mainly, what appears to be a shocking lack of communication and preparedness. 

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Today's news should be assuaging a lot of people's concerns about Elway's refusal to adapt and the nepotism within the organization. 

And who the hell do you suggest (a) calls the plays on offense? And (b) is the experienced HC that all rookie HC’s need by their side?

Just now, broncosfan_101 said:

To an extent, yes. But it definitely brings up other concerns. Mainly, what appears to be a shocking lack of communication and preparedness. 

Fair, but if they end up with an innovative offensive mind + Munchak...this is all a net positive. Things have been too leaky recently and the optics aren't great. If things weren't so leaky, this is a non-issue. 

My question is: knowing what we know about Kubiak, did John really think he wasn't going to bring back his buddies? The guy is totally unwilling to adapt. 

Archived