1. 1. Your grade for Fangio/Kubiak?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Vance
    • Mac

I don't disagree with the decision not to bring back Kubiak. If he was going to bring back Dennison and others, it showed this offense was not going to evolve. It was the right move. However, the problem is how is this just coming up now. Like 2 weeks ago when they first mentioned Kubiak would be back, how did they not have the conversation then? There is no reason this should play out in public. Its water under the bridge now. The question is who can we move on to? 

I think is more Fangio decision than an Elway one, at least I hope so.  If Elway and Kubiak had philosophical differences this entire search, well that’s just ridiculous.

Fangio and Kubiak had an extended 1 on 1 meeting yesterday and Fangio met with Elway after.  My guess is Fangio let Elway know he wasn’t on board with Kubiak as OC.  Makes sense, no one wants to have someone on their staff capable of wielding more power than them from a lesser position, like OC.

The #Broncos will interview #49ers QB coach Rich Scangarello for their offensive coordinator job Monday, source said. A key assistant for Kyle Shanahan since their days in Atlanta, Scangarello had a big hand getting Nick Mullens ready to roll this season. An intriguing option.- Tom Pelissero

Don't know too much about him but interesting

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What I don’t get is if Elway wanted the young hot shot with the new/college offense why not interview more than just Brian Taylor?

Talk about dysfunction. Yikes. 

Well you said it earlier ellis wasn't comfortable with that model. 

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

The thing with this guy is that if he does well in the role, you probably either need to promote him or lose him when someone else makes him HC.

True, but I suppose you can say that about any young innovative mind. But if we want to modernize the offense its a risk we have to take

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

The thing with this guy is that if he does well in the role, you probably either need to promote him or lose him when someone else makes him HC.

So again I ask:

We shouldn’t hire a young offensive mind to be OC because we are worried he will get promoted to someone else’s HC?

I’m sorry but that makes 0 sense to me

Archived