• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Vance
    • Mac

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I guess I'd rather pivot from a bad plan than stick to it for the sake of optics. That's just me. 

Thats the point the fact that we're already changing from a bad plan there's worry that there's a worse plan now. Especially now that the puzzle pieces don't fit.

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Huh? Almost every head coach is either an offensive or defensive guy who lets the OC/DC run the show on their end. A small number of guys are CEO types. And that wasn't even the dynamic the last two years as Vance was the "CEO coach".

He's the head coach. You entrust him to put together a staff if you name him head coach. Period. It's like "damned if you do, damned if you don't" with some of you. 

Vance was inept, not the structure. CEO head coaches are ideal if you have good coordinators. 

6 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Lots of guys with strong resumes are available right now. Mike McDaniel and Todd Monken would be my favorites. I'd take either of the two + Munchak over a Kubiak staff and it's not even close. 

You’re missing the key point that Kubiak has that head coaching experience needed to tell Fangio when he should go for it on 4th down and when to challenge a play and teach him how to handle the media.

Monken might be better at the X’s and O’s but he cannot provide that invaluable insight. 

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Albright reported Keenum is on shakey ground to return now that Kubiak is out. I wonder if this is what it takes for elway to rebuild for a year.

Whats the next move?

This all looks brutal.

Signs are pointing to us getting our 1st round QB this year...which I don't love

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Signs are pointing to us getting our 1st round QB this year...which I don't love

I'd only be a fan if we traded down for a team who fell in love with a player to aquire some value then select Jones.

I want no part of drew lock at pick 10.

8 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

You’re missing the key point that Kubiak has that head coaching experience needed to tell Fangio when he should go for it on 4th down and when to challenge a play and teach him how to handle the media.

Monken might be better at the X’s and O’s but he cannot provide that invaluable insight. 

What about munchak providing that insight if he joins our staff?

19 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Dom Capers said Vic Fangio used to help him with those kinds of game management situations decades ago. He's smart. He'll get it.

And if they bring in Munchak, you have a guy with HC experience. And the best OL coach in the game. And the opportunity to start fresh on offense instead of bringing in retreads like Pariani and Dennison. 

31 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Vance was inept, not the structure. CEO head coaches are ideal if you have good coordinators. 

I have no preference in that regard. The head coach needs to be great at SOMETHING, whether it be offense, defense or program management. Belichick excels at the last two which is ultra-rare. 

Archived