• B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Vance
    • Mac

11 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

So again I ask:

We shouldn’t hire a young offensive mind to be OC because we are worried he will get promoted to someone else’s HC?

I’m sorry but that makes 0 sense to me

I didn't say that was a reason to not hire him...

35 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

So again I ask:

We shouldn’t hire a young offensive mind to be OC because we are worried he will get promoted to someone else’s HC?

I’m sorry but that makes 0 sense to me

Actually it's really funny. " I don't want to hire him because I'm afraid he'll be so successful someone else will want him as their HC".   

6 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Actually it's really funny. " I don't want to hire him because I'm afraid he'll be so successful someone else will want him as their HC".   

It really is. It goes back to the idea "If you take care of your people, they will take care of you." DO you wonder why Andy Reid always has good assistants? Its because he cultivates great minds, encourages them to explore and then when they are found to be ready prepares them for the next level. Therefore, young innovative minds want to work for Andy Reid. If we adopt this model then we can start to develop a pipeline like Andy Reid. It comes down to focusing on people not just the final product. If you do focus on the people correctly, the final product usually takes care of itself

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Damn I always thought if it was for a promotion they couldn’t deny the interview, guess I was wrong.

I believe anything under HC is just considered "assistant" so it is not technically a promotion unless they want to make him asst HC I think

Just now, germ-x said:

Read a tweet with a quote from Klis about the Elway/Kubiak situation.  He was asked if Kubiak would keep his role with the organization and Klis responded, “No this is a divorce.”  Must have been messy.

Rappaport just said on NFL network he's expected to keep his role in the front office. 

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I didn't think they could do that for promotions. I thought it was only lateral moves.

I guess any assistant role is considered a "lateral" move.

The NFL needs to fix that ASAP. Although we shouldn't complain too much. In 2015, the Bengals blocked us from interviewing Vance Joseph as DC and forced us to "settle" for Wade. That worked out nicely. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I guess any assistant role is considered a "lateral" move.

The NFL needs to fix that ASAP. Although we shouldn't complain too much. In 2015, the Bengals blocked us from interviewing Vance Joseph as DC and forced us to "settle" for Wade. That worked out nicely. 

Wish they could of blocked us hiring vance as hc .

Archived