Jump to content
eyecatcher

NFL Calendar - Important Dates

Recommended Posts

  • December 31, 2018 - Earliest date that teams can sign 2016 draft picks to a contract extension. Fifth-year option period for 2016 first-round picks begins.
  • January 14, 2019 - Deadline for underclassmen to declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.
  • February 4, 2019 - 2019 Waivers Begin
  • February 26 - March 4, 2019 - 2019 NFL Scouting Combine
  • March 5, 2019 - Franchise/Transition Tag Deadline
  • March 11, 2019 - “Legal Tampering” period begins
  • March 13, 2019, 4PM ET - New league year begins. Free agency opens.
  • April 1, 2019 - Teams with a new head coach may begin offseason programs. (Packers fit here)
  • April 15, 2019 - Teams with returning head coaches may begin offseason programs. 9 weeks
  • April 19, 2019 - Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets
  • April 25-27, 2019 - The NFL Draft takes place in Nashville, Tennessee
  • April 29, 2019 - Phase Two of OTA programs begin - 3 weeks
  • May 3, 2019 - Deadline for teams to designate their 5th-year option on 2016 first-round picks.
  • May 3-6, 2019 - Teams may elect to hold their 3-day rookie minicamp either Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday.
  • May 10-13, 2019 - The other option for teams to elect to hold their 3-day rookie minicamp, again either Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday. Only one 3-day rookie minicamp may be held.
  • May 13, 2019 - Rookie Football Development Program begins.
  • May 16-19, 2019 - NFLPA Rookie Premiere.
  • May 20, 2019 - Phase Three of offseason program begins.
  • Mid-July - Training Camp opens.
  • August 31, 2019, 4PM ET - Teams must reduce their rosters to 53 players.
  • September 1, 2019, 12PM ET - Waiver claims process.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 months until the Free Agency period starts and 3 1/2 months until the draft.  The Packers have a lot to get squared away prior to those big events with the staff so there should be a lot going on at 1265 as far as news goes.  This offseason should fly by pretty quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of calendars, I went to a novelty store today and saw a Packers 2019 calendar, and there were like 7/12 players on there who won't be a Packer in 2019.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Speaking of calendars, I went to a novelty store today and saw a Packers 2019 calendar, and there were like 7/12 players on there who won't be a Packer in 2019.  

was Jordy on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

2 months until the Free Agency period starts and 3 1/2 months until the draft.  The Packers have a lot to get squared away prior to those big events with the staff so there should be a lot going on at 1265 as far as news goes.  This offseason should fly by pretty quickly.

I'm feeling the opposite... so much more to look forward to in the draft means I will be more excited than usual

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm feeling the opposite... so much more to look forward to in the draft means I will be more excited than usual

True but the flow of news between now and then will be steady.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 2:08 PM, eyecatcher said:
  • December 31, 2018 - Earliest date that teams can sign 2016 draft picks to a contract extension. Fifth-year option period for 2016 first-round picks begins.
  • January 14, 2019 - Deadline for underclassmen to declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.
  • February 4, 2019 - 2019 Waivers Begin
  • February 26 - March 4, 2019 - 2019 NFL Scouting Combine
  • March 5, 2019 - Franchise/Transition Tag Deadline
  • March 11, 2019 - “Legal Tampering” period begins
  • March 13, 2019, 4PM ET - New league year begins. Free agency opens.
  • April 1, 2019 - Teams with a new head coach may begin offseason programs. (Packers fit here)
  • April 15, 2019 - Teams with returning head coaches may begin offseason programs. 9 weeks
  • April 19, 2019 - Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets
  • April 25-27, 2019 - The NFL Draft takes place in Nashville, Tennessee
  • April 29, 2019 - Phase Two of OTA programs begin - 3 weeks
  • May 3, 2019 - Deadline for teams to designate their 5th-year option on 2016 first-round picks.
  • May 3-6, 2019 - Teams may elect to hold their 3-day rookie minicamp either Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday.
  • May 10-13, 2019 - The other option for teams to elect to hold their 3-day rookie minicamp, again either Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday. Only one 3-day rookie minicamp may be held.
  • May 13, 2019 - Rookie Football Development Program begins.
  • May 16-19, 2019 - NFLPA Rookie Premiere.
  • May 20, 2019 - Phase Three of offseason program begins.
  • Mid-July - Training Camp opens.
  • August 31, 2019, 4PM ET - Teams must reduce their rosters to 53 players.
  • September 1, 2019, 12PM ET - Waiver claims process.

 

Bumping this up for reference purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 1:28 PM, Outpost31 said:

Speaking of calendars, I went to a novelty store today and saw a Packers 2019 calendar, and there were like 7/12 players on there who won't be a Packer in 2019.  

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up starting at Ty Montgomery for a month after the LA game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up starting at Ty Montgomery for a month after the LA game. 

Interesting. I havent used a stick it on the wall (or refrigerator) for over a decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×