Leisher's 2019 Mock draft 1-10-19, #300?

jleisher

Just mock, no offseason stuff.  No trades or nothing.

#12.  

Scouting Report: Devin White

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s 2019 Mock Draft

School: LSU Position: Inside Linebacker Class: Junior Height: 6-1 Weight: 248 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Elite runner in space, as he was a converted running back, pursues the ball carrier with abandon. Thumper in the middle of the defense, Devin White can monitor the interior rushing lanes, allowing other defenders to make plays. Ideal off the ball linebacker that devastates ball carriers.  

#32.  

Scouting Report: Zach Allen

2019 NFL Mock Draft

School: Boston College Position: Defensive End Class: Senior Height: 6-4 Weight: 284 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Looks the part of a left defensive end in an attacking 4-3 defense, but has the ability to show he has enough explosion and agility to play from the right side as well. Well built, and has the frame to add more weight without losing athleticism, could demonstrate the ability to move inside when needed. With his ideal height, lengthy, and body type, will be interesting to see how he pivots with his development- will he add girth and become more of an interior player, show more explosiveness and become a premier edge rusher, or continue to develop as an excellent run stopper with some pass rush skills.

#44.  

Scouting Report: A.J. Brown

2019 NFL Mock Draft

School: Mississippi Position: Wide Receiver Class: Junior Height: 6-1 Weight: 225 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

The NFL got wide receiver fatigue in regards to over valuing athletic prospects that weren’t good route runners. In the last draft, excellent route runners that were of a nice height weight speed mix went early, with the athletic freaks and speedsters that couldn’t necessarily run good routes falling a bit. A.J. Brown runs great routes, is strong, has good speed and hands.

#75.  

Scouting Report: Beau Benzschawel

2019 NFL Mock Draft

School: Wisconsin Position: Offensive Guard Class: Senior Height: 6-6 Weight: 322 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Road grader that led the way for one of the best running attacks in the country. Powerful lower body, able to move defenders back, and can get to the second level quickly. Very good in pass protection as well.

#113.  

Scouting Report: Johnathan Abram

2019 NFL Mock Draft

School: Mississippi State Position: Safety Class: Senior Height: 6-1 Weight: 200 lbs Projected Draft Round: 1-2

Scouting Report:

Safeties in the NFL are becoming less and less specialized, so they all start with one dominant skill, but have to display a versatile array of skills to be picked high in the draft. Johnathan Abram comes first as a hard hitting, in the box type safety, and he has plenty of tape to display those talents. However, he has shown good instincts with finding the ball and making plays in coverage. His ability to cover tight ends and running backs, cover deep, and continue to produce against the run and with blitzes, he can secure a high place in the next year’s draft.

#118.  

Scouting Report: Jared Pinkney

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Vanderbilt Position: Tight End Class: Junior Height: 6-5 Weight: 255 Projected Draft Round: 2-5

Scouting Report:

Big bodied tight end that is a true combination of pass catcher and blocker. Excels at exploding out of cuts extremely well for a player his size and has an excellent knack for getting open. Runs crisp, well executed routes. Catches the ball away from his body well, and can post up defenders when coming back to the ball.

#151.  

Scouting Report: Joe Lowery

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Ohio Position: Offensive Tackle Class: Senior Height: 6-6 Weight: 310 Projected Draft Round: 5-7

Scouting Report:

Lowery is the top prospect in a group of smaller school, lesser known offensive tackles that have massive frames, show good technique and are several year projects at the next level. There is generally a group of 1-3 of these type of players, and often then enjoy good NFL careers if they find the right landing spot. Lowery has very good footwork, and is very experienced as a fifth year Senior.

#187.  

Scouting Report: Terronne Prescod

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: N.C. State Position: Offensive Guard Class: Senior Height: 6-5 Weight: 340 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Powerful run blocker that dominates defenders using overwhelming power. Able to get a strong initial punch and able to get to the next level quickly. For his huge frame, moves fairly well in space and takes good angles in the open field to seal off lanes for runners. Anchors extremely well in pass protection, and very difficult to move. Nice feet for a bigger man. Will benefit from an NFL training system to lose some bad weight and maximize his frame.

#195.  

Scouting Report: Myles Gaskin

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Washington Position: Running Back Class: Junior Height: 5-9 Weight: 193 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Small, but shifty back. Solid burst but doesn’t have elite speed, however, makes great cuts and easily changes direction. Hasn’t been used much as a pass catcher but flashes good hands. Aggressive runner who keeps his legs turning, usually good for that extra yard or two to keep drives alive. Also has shown great pass pro skills when called upon.

#228.  

Scouting Report: Blace Brown

2019 NFL Mock Draft

DraftGeek’s Mock Draft

School: Troy Position: Cornerback Class: Senior Height: 6-0 Weight: 185 Projected Draft Round: 3-5

Scouting Report:

Ballhawk corner that plays with exceptional fluidity and speed. A finesse player that spent his first year in college on offense, he plays the corner position much like a wide receiver that believes he has equal rights to every pass thrown toward the receiver he is covering. Always willing to tackle, he will need to work on his tackling technique to be more effective, and to stay healthy in the long run.

I like the first 5, but dont know the players after that. The most unlikely is Abram. I think he will be gone late 2nd.

White is my hope at #12. Pettine doesn't rely on OLBs for pass rush. I think White will provide some pass rush, but will mostly be a force in the run game. White, working with Clark and Martinez will be effective. Shutting down the running lanes forcing more 3rd and longs. He will also be our attitude setter. We need one of those.

Like the Devin White scenario.  Zach Allen at the end of 1st would be awesome.  Don't really care for AJ Brown, I think he is this years Laquan Treadwell.  We have the size at WR, if we're going there I'd rather see Brown, Campbell or Samuel.  Only other thing is don't draft three guards.  One early to start is fine but no more than one draft pick at guard please.

Well...I know the first 6 picks, so that's something.

I really like the idea of ILB first and DE/EDGE with the second first round pick...if the board is devastated.  I have no doubts about White as a player.  Sideline to sideline.  Pettine does blitz his ILB's and they do need to run.  He does all of that...and with attitude.  I still question if the board will be devastated enough to take an ILB that high.  

Think Beau is a great fit...and I like the WR.

Need a safety, there he is....

Nice mock!

Is a run stopping ILB that big of a need for us?

While I like Brown, I’m just not in the group that thinks we need another WR, slot sure but not a WR. If Brown can play slot, I’m in. Think a top flight TE or FS would be a good value there.

Love the OL you picked. 

While I like Gaskin, I think we need another early down back. Sounds like LaFleur will run more so we need another bigger durable back.  

Good work

Not a fan of going with an ILB at 12 when better EDGE and DL prospects will be there. Same with a WR early unless a can't-miss slot WR presents himself. Sounds like an intriguing group though and wouldn't mind the rest of the draft. 

Archived