Tathan Martell transferring to Miami

naptownskinsfan

Tate Martell is VERY good. He'll be the best QB that has been in a Miami uniform in a long while. I know it's a bit of a projection because he hasn't seen much playing time in college yet, but that creep can roll, man.

I thought he would have for sure beaten out Dwayne Haskins last year, but Haskins proved to be a top 10 pick.

I don't think it's a testament to his character that he transferred. He wasn't going to play with Fields coming in there, end of story. It made perfect sense for him to leave.

7 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

listen, i don’t know how good this guy is, but i sat through malik rosier in mark richt’s offense last year. i can handle just about anything at this point lmao

If Miami plans on running an offense geared towards the QB as a runner, he will have a solid season as long as he stays healthy. He's a good runner who is an unknown throwing the football, but has potential there too honestly.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

This is crazy, he has no leg to stand on for this. Why does he deserve a wire? Only thing is if he plays the whole Zach Smith angle

Because he's a student and normal students transfer without issue all the time.

The entire idea that students have to sit out a year is to give coaches leverage to treat players like ****. I love that this is getting systematically dismantled.

51 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The entire idea that students have to sit out a year is to give coaches leverage to treat players like ****. I love that this is getting systematically dismantled.

Yep, they should be allowed to transfer without sitting out the year.  I think you have to have some limits so you don't have free agency occuring, but sitting out a year is ridiculous, and you could also argue dangerous from a medical/S&C perspective. 

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yep, they should be allowed to transfer without sitting out the year.  I think you have to have some limits so you don't have free agency occuring, but sitting out a year is ridiculous, and you could also argue dangerous from a medical/S&C perspective. 

When you don't pay people, they're all free agents tbh. You want to stop transfers, open the checkbook.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

thats not how the rules work, and whether you like them or not they still exist.

Archived