Bengals to hire Rams QB coach Zac Taylor as head coach

49erurtaza

9 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

The guy went from being responsible for one position to being responsible for an entire organization. I'm sorry, but this seems like it has abject failure written all over it.

That’s kinda they way I feel about it. But who knows. Maybe the blind squirrel finds a nut. 

12 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

The guy went from being responsible for one position to being responsible for an entire organization. I'm sorry, but this seems like it has abject failure written all over it.

Being in charge of 2-3 guys to now hundred of guys (players + coaching staff)

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s a qb coach. He’s never called plays in nfl. And when he did in college it wasn’t very impressive. 

That was long time ago when he called plays, maybe he's improved. Doesn't matter cuz you don't hire young offensive coach and don't let him call plays, that's pointless 

On 2/6/2019 at 11:52 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s a qb coach. He’s never called plays in nfl. And when he did in college it wasn’t very impressive. 

Well, he did for a short time in Miami.  But your point is taken.

He intends to install his system, obviously, and to make sure it's done his way he's going to call the plays.  I don't think that's particularly shocking or a predictor of success or failure.  It's not a stretch on a HC to call plays on offense, as we've seen around the league.  

In other words, if the Zac Taylor experiment fails, i don't think it will be because of that.

15 hours ago, Malik said:
On 2/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, BroncoSojia said:

Being in charge of 2-3 guys to now hundred of guys (players + coaching staff)

My opinion on this is that either you have what it takes to lead as a HC, or don't.  Obviously some amount of experience is required.  I'm a manager and have faith in my ability to lead people, but i'd be a failure as an NFL head coach because i don't understand football at the level these guys do.  But Zac knows football.  So what we're really talking about is his leadership ability.  Either he can lead people or he can't.  Another 2-3 years of moving up the ladder the traditional way wasn't going to make a big difference, IMO, in his ability to lead.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:57 AM, Activated10 said:

That was long time ago when he called plays, maybe he's improved. Doesn't matter cuz you don't hire young offensive coach and don't let him call plays, that's pointless 

Three years is a long tome ago?  How young are you that makes three years a long time ago?  His year at the U of Cincy was also with his hands tied behind his back.  He was stuck with not only Tubberville, but he also inherited the "lack of talent" guys that Tubberville recruited.  That offense was bad, and it had very little to do with the offensive coordinator.

Plus he got a stint in Miami calling plays after the Dolphins fired Bill Lazor.  Guess who the outgoing OC is here?  So he already has a handle on the kind of mess he's cleaning up

Archived