Bengals to hire Rams QB coach Zac Taylor as head coach

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Their fans and the city deserver better

I don't understand this sentiment. Who did you want the Bengals to hire? Who would be the better hire and why? This is what the people of Cincinnati wanted. A breath of fresh air. There is no need for pity here.

Everyone is projecting Taylor's career based on absolutely nothing. The detractors have nothing to sneer or laugh at. A HC isn't like a draft prospect who can be evaluated under a microscope and be criticized with validity. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes with Taylor, or how he evaluates talent, or what his philosophies are. 

It's a crap shoot. We're taking a shot. He could be great or he could be awful. Why are people so quick to assuming the worst? We've seen inexperienced coaches blossom before, and we've seen them fail. As a fan who suffered under Marvin Lewis, I'm excited and optimistic. I don't understand what more you want.

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don't understand this sentiment. Who did you want the Bengals to hire? Who would be the better hire and why? This is what the people of Cincinnati wanted. A breath of fresh air. There is no need for pity here.

Everyone is projecting Taylor's career based on absolutely nothing. The detractors have nothing to sneer or laugh at. A HC isn't like a draft prospect who can be evaluated under a microscope and be criticized with validity. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes with Taylor, or how he evaluates talent, or what his philosophies are. 

It's a crap shoot. We're taking a shot. He could be great or he could be awful. Why are people so quick to assuming the worst? We've seen inexperienced coaches blossom before, and we've seen them fail. As a fan who suffered under Marvin Lewis, I'm excited and optimistic. I don't understand what more you want.

Someone with some coordinator experience? This hire may be worst than the Kingsbury one. At least he had coordinating and head coaching experience.

4 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Someone with some coordinator experience? This hire may be worst than the Kingsbury one. At least he had coordinating and head coaching experience.

Taylor has more experience than Kingsbury does. At least Taylor has 6 combined years in the NFL compared to Kingbury's zero. 

2 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Well you're misinformed, good sir. Taylor coached as the offensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bearcats and Miami Dolphins so far in his young career.

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

Well you're misinformed, good sir. Taylor coached as the offensive coordinator for the Cincinnati Bearcats and Miami Dolphins so far in his young career.

I stand corrected, (though that stint in Miami was for 5 games) though I still think he's woefully under-qualified for the job.

5 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

This is getting ridiculous. Our coaches are getting poached from all angles. 

At this rate, look for our equipment manager to become the new raiders head coach after they fire Gruden 

If there is only one thing the rest of us can agree on, it's that we have no pity for you.

It's certainly bold.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Well, we don't know much about him, and his experience isn't as vast as other candidates, but I for one am excited.

Here's what we do know.

1. Sean McVay is apparently pretty high on him. Not enough to block an interview, but enough to entice him to remain in LA by offering him a superior coaching position. 

2. He's highly-regarded in NFL circles. The Cardinals, Broncos, and Browns had interest. There's been a buzz surrounding his name. The thinking here is 'where there's smoke, there's fire'.

3. He's not Marvin Lewis or Hue Jackson.

McVay doesn't block interviews.

48 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I stand corrected, (though that stint in Miami was for 5 games) though I still think he's woefully under-qualified for the job.

Id be interested in seeing a case study that compares coordinator or prior HC experience (both NFL and college) to HC success. We all agree that it makes sense for more experience to equal more success, but is that actually the case? 

2 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Maybe he will fix Dalton? I would give Dalton at least two years without competition to see if Dalton can become elite, if not I would start to look for a replacement to groom in the later rounds in 2021 or 2022.

Dalton is what he is.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I guess if Kingsbury can get a HC job then anyone can. So why not.......

At least Kingsbury has some successful HC experience.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Someone get me Sean McVays underwear to sniff.  I want to be a head coach too. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Classic said:

Raiders could be in the running too with the way Gruden is shipping out talent from the Raiders.

We'll ship out Carr for 3 first round picks but that team will go from worst to first and win the Super Bowl all 3 years we have picks for because Chucky will wait til AFTER the draft to make the trade. ARGH!!!!!

Archived