(Now Official) Bengals hire Rams QB coach Zac Taylor as head coach

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

I think we also learned that he's not a great leader.  There were too many people (coaches and players alike) that were glad he was gone for it to be an issue with just losses.  

Marvin couldn't win for 3 years straight, and he was still getting player endorsements up until the end.

Yet he's always been well loved by players and coaches in Cincinnati.  If he had been winning there, it would have been different.  Either way,  I'm glad I don't have to defend him and hope he gets an oc job somewhere. 

4 hours ago, theJ said:

It's sort of looking like Bill Lazor is going to stick around as OC (not a done deal...yet).  That would be a curious decision, given Zac took over for Bill as OC of the Dolphins in 2015 when Bill was fired.

Guess we'll have to wait until the Rams season is over to know for sure.

I'm more interested in who is chosen as the defensive coordinator, and whether or not Taylor was hired to help Dalton, or find his replacement. 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm more interested in who is chosen as the defensive coordinator, and whether or not Taylor was hired to help Dalton, or find his replacement. 

Hopefully both. See what he can do with Dalton.  But he's not getting younger.  We need a new backup and potential  future  bridge that we can start grooming this year. Then in a couple seasons (or sooner if it shakes out that way)  we try to get a franchise guy.

30 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

And it sounds like Simmons and Pollack are expected back.  Still waiting to hear about  van Pelt.  I'm curious if Taylor would bring in his brother. 

That's what I'm thinking. 

Just to comment on bringing back Pollack, today I learned this: Bill Callahan, widely regarded as one of the better offensive line coaches in the NFL (currently with the Redskins, previously with the Cowboys from 2012-2015), has major connections to Taylor. Callahan was Taylors HC at Nebraska. Might be a guy to keep an eye on when accruing a staff. Hopefully both can find jobs on our staff if Taylor decides to bring him in.

So i'm happy for Andrew Whitworth, but the Rams winning this weekend just means another week of mystery haha.

And if they win this coming weekend, we potentially won't really know if Zac Taylor has taken this job until after the superbowl.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

So i'm happy for Andrew Whitworth, but the Rams winning this weekend just means another week of mystery haha.

And if they win this coming weekend, we potentially won't really know if Zac Taylor has taken this job until after the superbowl.

I feel the same way. I'm trying to find solace in the fact our future HC could potentially be a Superbowl champion. He's gaining invaluable playoff experience and everything that comes with that. 

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Especially if the Chiefs keep winning too.  I mean, there's always a chance that it could be Bienemy, even in=f the probability is like .0001% .  A true  1 in a million.

Archived