(Now Official) Bengals hire Rams QB coach Zac Taylor as head coach

49erurtaza

(this doesn't belong here but I need help...)

TL;DR If I drive screws into dimples on my front bumper, will they stay in permanently?

I'm from Indiana and have never had to deal with a front plate before. There are factory dimples in the appropriate spots. But not actual holes. I didn't know if just screwing in will do it, either with simple physics or there is a mechanism in there, or if I should put nuts back there somehow. I would crawl under to look but I walk with a stick and it's hard enough to get back up off the ground when it's dry.

The vehicle is a 2008 Jeep Patriot. I looked online for answers but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Most of you are buckeyes and might have similar experience, I think J is an engineer; so I figured someone here would know what I need to do.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, otg said:

TL;DR If I drive screws into dimples on my front bumper, will they stay in permanently?

I'm from Indiana and have never had to deal with a front plate before. There are factory dimples in the appropriate spots. But not actual holes. I didn't know if just screwing in will do it, either with simple physics or there is a mechanism in there, or if I should put nuts back there somehow. I would crawl under to look but I walk with a stick and it's hard enough to get back up off the ground when it's dry.

The vehicle is a 2008 Jeep Patriot. I looked online for answers but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Most of you are buckeyes and might have similar experience, I think J is an engineer; so I figured someone here would know what I need to do.

Thanks in advance.

Haha.  I dealt with that in reverse.  What to do with the holes since I no longer needed a front plate.

Short answer.  They make brackets for it, and yes, you have to put the nut on the back.  The bracket has four holes in it to help secure the front plate more.  Just did it recently  for my mom when she got a new car.  Yes, you could just use the two holes from the factory, but the bottom half of the plate can get easily bent or mutilated if it sites low enough.

27 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Our forum is really boring sometimes 

No argument there.  We could talk Reds here, maybe you'd get more than just you and Duke. (I cruise the baseball sub-forum, but rarely comment.  Actually, I had to go through two years of comments yesterday to get caught up, so I don't cruise it as much as I was originally thinking).

We need the coaching staff to be finalized to talk football.  Can't discuss free agents that we will never sign until we have a sense for schemes, specifically on defense.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Haha.  I dealt with that in reverse.  What to do with the holes since I no longer needed a front plate.

Short answer.  They make brackets for it, and yes, you have to put the nut on the back.  The bracket has four holes in it to help secure the front plate more.  Just did it recently  for my mom when she got a new car.  Yes, you could just use the two holes from the factory, but the bottom half of the plate can get easily bent or mutilated if it sites low enough.

Thank you sir. Go Hoosiers.

47 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Our forum is really boring sometimes 

Tis true.

That's why I feel I wouldn't really be disrupting anything here.

I can talk Reds, but I don't know as much as Beck and Duke. I read your thread to give me insight on things. 

I'm glad we didn't get Realmuto. If we're going to trade that kind of talent I'd rather be in the market for a pitcher. Barnhart, go Hoosiers, played reasonably well and is cheap for the foreseeable future.

What's going on with the outfielders? Is Kemp going to get regular playing time based on matchups, or is he merely a backup. Seems like a waste of an asset. When Senzel makes the club it gets even more crowded.

I want to talk about free agents we'll never sign... Or a coach we'll never sign. I wanted to re-sign Whitworth for how skill and leadership. But also thought it would be good for the Bengals if he transitioned to coaching, if he had any interest in that. But now I doubt he feels much of a connection to the club.

Andy should grow a beard, that would help him take the next step. (I'm not a hipster)

I think Duke is mostly talking to himself over there. My knowledge is nowhere close to his when it comes to baseball.  I stopped playing that young, so it's not a strong suit for me.  Do like to see the reds making moves.

I think we hired a  rb coach from the raiders. Woo hoo!  

You know Dalton can't grow a beard.

I have red hair. Depending on who you ask. When I was young my mustache didn't connect to the rest. We have to be patient...

Skimming over the career of Jemal Singleton... Wherever he goes a mediocre rushing attack follows. He's like the antithesis of Lorenzo Neal. After the remains of Frank Gore got away from him his average went up a full yard. (I know Indy sucked, just run with it) He should shave his beard and give it to Andy Dalton.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think Duke is mostly talking to himself over there. My knowledge is nowhere close to his when it comes to baseball.  I stopped playing that young, so it's not a strong suit for me.  Do like to see the reds making moves.

I think we hired a  rb coach from the raiders. Woo hoo!  

You know Dalton can't grow a beard.

I liked the trade.  Glad we didn't trade Senzel for the catcher.

Kemp would have been really interesting if the league had voted to start the DH in the NL.  Now I think that he and Puig get moved if we are out of it.  Nice way to stockpile talent for a broken, overpaid pitcher in Christian Bale Homer Bailey.  Bruce Wayne could never truly wear the cape correctly.  Plus the money should have gone to Cueto

It sounds like a good idea to have Batman on your team until you have to deal with injuries and lack of development.

JJ Hoover wanted to meet me one night. He wasn't trying to pick me up or anything but he interrupted my date to introduce himself to me. It was an interesting experience.

16 hours ago, otg said:

Thanks in advance.

Ohio has the same law, but i'm not sure they enforce it.  Plenty of people driving sports cars without a license plate on the front.  In fact, we bought a car once from an ohio dealer (used, previously registered in Ohio) that didn't have plates in front.  So i had to go through the same thing as you to mount it.  It's a bit of a pain.

10 hours ago, otg said:

It sounds like a good idea to have Batman on your team until you have to deal with injuries and lack of development.

JJ Hoover wanted to meet me one night. He wasn't trying to pick me up or anything but he interrupted my date to introduce himself to me. It was an interesting experience.

Are you like famous?  I didn't know anyone from Cincinnati was famous.  Were you in 98 degrees? 

7 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Are you like famous?  I didn't know anyone from Cincinnati was famous.  Were you in 98 degrees? 

Maybe JJ didn't understand the Naughty by Nature lyrics back in the day.

He really wanted to say "I'm down with OTG, cuz he knows me!!"

Archived