(Now Official) Bengals hire Rams QB coach Zac Taylor as head coach

49erurtaza

Barring mutating into a top O-line coach Pollack would have been gone in a year. But could we infer anything from his wanting out already?

He had a job so he could have waited a year for better opportunities. Does this mean he feels good about the Jets and/or has connections to coaches there? 

Does he feel the market for his services will be weak next year?

Or does it speak to his feelings about the Bengals organization? Whether it be the front office, the new direction with new coaches, or the current talent on the line and the odds of the units performance this year affecting his stock?

Unless there is something special about the Jets I don't see the harm in waiting a year. Expectations overall are low so he's likely to maintain or improve his position. Knowing no matter what that he's gone next year would be kind of freeing.

If I could go to a top team that's one thing. But the Jets? Unless there's a connection there or he feels there won't be any demand for him next year, I don't get it.

IDK, just thinking out loud about that situation.

18 minutes ago, otg said:

Barring mutating into a top O-line coach Pollack would have been gone in a year. But could we infer anything from his wanting out already?

He had a job so he could have waited a year for better opportunities. Does this mean he feels good about the Jets and/or has connections to coaches there? 

Does he feel the market for his services will be weak next year?

Or does it speak to his feelings about the Bengals organization? Whether it be the front office, the new direction with new coaches, or the current talent on the line and the odds of the units performance this year affecting his stock?

Unless there is something special about the Jets I don't see the harm in waiting a year. Expectations overall are low so he's likely to maintain or improve his position. Knowing no matter what that he's gone next year would be kind of freeing.

If I could go to a top team that's one thing. But the Jets? Unless there's a connection there or he feels there won't be any demand for him next year, I don't get it.

IDK, just thinking out loud about that situation.

Being somewhere you know you are wanted and not just filling a spot temporarily can be a powerful draw for some.  Why buy in when you know it's not for long?

12 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Being somewhere you know you are wanted and not just filling a spot temporarily can be a powerful draw for some.  Why buy in when you know it's not for long?

I understand that. My only thinking on staying for the year is if landing spots might be better next year. Were the Jets any port in storm or is it someplace he'd want to be anyway, all things equal.

Why did Turner come here just to be a one year rental?

6 hours ago, otg said:

I understand that. My only thinking on staying for the year is if landing spots might be better next year. Were the Jets any port in storm or is it someplace he'd want to be anyway, all things equal.

Why did Turner come here just to be a one year rental?

NFL over college, and his reputation isn't exactly sterling.  This might be Turner's last shot to prove himself as a NFL level coach.

As for the Jets, they have their franchise QB, maybe Pollack thinks they are on their way up.

Archived