Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LuckyIrish23

Lucky's Mock Draft V3

Recommended Posts

    Packers have an expected cap space of 41 Million                                   
                                                    
    Roster Moves                                                

    Not Retained                                                
    Randall Cobb                              
    Clay Matthews                                                 
    Jake Ryan                                                 
                                                                                               

Retaines

Geronimo Allison

Mo Wilkerson- 1 year 3 million

Breeland- 2 years 12 million (6 million per year)

Free Agency

Quinton Spain (G) - 3 years, 19.5 million (6.5 million per year)

Tre Boston (S) - 3 years 18 million (6 million per year)

Shaq Barrett  (EDGE) - 4 years 28 million (7 million per year)

Jordan Hicks (ILB) - 3 years 15 million (5 million per year)                          
                                                                                                          
    NFL DRAFT  

With the 12th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Clelin Ferrell (EDGE) from Clemson

Ferrell provides us a consistent EDGE rusher that can play both the run & pass.  He might not be the speed rusher we want but he is an experienced player that knows how to use his hands and pass rush moves to setup the tackle.

ferrell_clelin_gt2-479.jpg

TRADE ALERT!!!

The Packers trade the 31st pick in the NFL DRAFT with Oakland Raiders (Packers receive Oakland's 2nd Round & 4th Round pick)

With the 35th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Irv Smith JR (TE) from Alabama

Smith provides us an athletic TE without the liability of run blocking.

2017FB_vsMercer_IrvSmith_WR_USATSI_10420

 

With the 44th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

David Edwards (RT) from Wisconsin

Edwards will need time to develop but provides us insurance if Bulaga goes down.  After 2019 season, Edwards will take-over the RT spot.

636487874254194400-UWGRID14P.JPG?width=5

 

TRADE ALERT!!!

The Packers trade 75th & 99h pick in the NFL DRAFT with Dallas Cowboys (Packers receive Dallas 55th pick)

With the 55th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Debbo Samuel (WR) from South Carolina

My favorite WR that will drop due to an injured season and other WR with better size & speed.  Samuel reminds me of Cobb but younger and more top end speed.

57fad4934159f.image.jpg?resize=400,267

With the 107th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Justice Hill (RB) from Oklahoma St

Might seem overkill on offense but we are in need of injecting youth to this roster.  Hill is the perfect 3rd down player that will be able to give Aaron Jones rest.  Similar to Marlon Mack but feel that he is more shifty.

hqdefault.jpg

With the 111th pick in the 2019 NFL DRAFT the Green Bay Packers select....

Will Harris (S) from Boston College

8638653.jpg

 

Edited by LuckyIrish23
Issue with images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like the first three also, althought  Ferrell may go top ten. I would like one more OL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the kind of offseason I'm looking for!!!! For me the free agent pick ups are perfect. Ferrell is the guy I want most in this draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SAM said:

Like the first three also, althought  Ferrell may go top ten. I would like one more OL 

I think the combine will push Ferrell down to our spot. Gary/Bosa/Oliver/Polite/Burns will blow up the combine were Ferrell will post solid but not great numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

-Like the first 3 picks 

-doubt we spend money at ILB

The ILB signing was the most difficult one for me to decide however if Martinez went down we would be in big trouble. Hicks shouldn’t cost significant money and provides us a solid but not spectacular group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda love this... love you moving up and down. I think it's realistic we move up or down from the Saints pick. Personally I like the Hicks signing a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really, really like it.  And will probably say it for every mock that us getting Ferrell.

That being said...I really like your off-season.  That guard comes from Tennessee and ranked okay on PFF.  He's a starter and LaFleur should know him.

Love Boston, Love Barrett, can't argue against a good ILB to pair with Martinez.

Edge, Tight end, OT...all sounds great!  I don't know the WR, but I think the new HC will want a skill player that fits his style.  You got that in a WR and a RB.

Nicely done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I kinda love this... love you moving up and down. I think it's realistic we move up or down from the Saints pick. Personally I like the Hicks signing a lot

Thank you. Spent a lot of time watching some YouTube clips on the players. Wanted to wait till declaring day as I was extremely high on Derrick Brown (DL) from Auburn for our 2nd rounder.

I wanted to find a way to get us more quality players that provide us depth while still injecting high upside prospects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I really, really like it.  And will probably say it for every mock that us getting Ferrell.

That being said...I really like your off-season.  That guard comes from Tennessee and ranked okay on PFF.  He's a starter and LaFleur should know him.

Love Boston, Love Barrett, can't argue against a good ILB to pair with Martinez.

Edge, Tight end, OT...all sounds great!  I don't know the WR, but I think the new HC will want a skill player that fits his style.  You got that in a WR and a RB.

Nicely done!

Thanks. I could see Matt loving Deebo with utilizing him for WR screens. I think he might drop as most of the receivers are being ranked in the same tier. He provides us an excellent slot receiver who is a savvy route runner while providing more speed and quickness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

I think the combine will push Ferrell down to our spot. Gary/Bosa/Oliver/Polite/Burns will blow up the combine were Ferrell will post solid but not great numbers. 

I agree with this...very much hoping that an edge or two vault over Ferrell after the combine.  I think Ferrell will be a better pro.  He's got that mean power game that should translate on the field, but not the combine.  He's fast enough, too.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I agree with this...very much hoping that an edge or two vault over Ferrell after the combine.  I think Ferrell will be a better pro.  He's got that mean power game that should translate on the field, but not the combine.  He's fast enough, too.....

I read a nice article talking about his pass rush game. Struggled early in his college career trying to win with speed and bend the edge, this would cause him to get taken out of the play or slip due to lack of flexibility. Since he has now learned to setup his blocker and to take advantage of the situation. Can still use the speed but understands that you need an array of moves to win consistently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Ferguson kid...LA Tech...reminds me of Ferrell in that he has some really nice power to him.  If GB doesn't get Ferrell, he's the next guy I want them to try to get...wherever that may be in the draft.  I see similar traits there...and again, that is odd for me because I tend to overvalue speed/quickness on the edge.  Neither guy has that as their elite trait.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×