Lucky's Mock Draft V3

LuckyIrish23

56 minutes ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Thank you. Spent a lot of time watching some YouTube clips on the players. Wanted to wait till declaring day as I was extremely high on Derrick Brown (DL) from Auburn for our 2nd rounder.

I thought that Derrick Brown would have gone top 20... surprised by his return

19 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I thought that Derrick Brown would have gone top 20... surprised by his return

Yeah I was surprised too. Honestly thought top 15 player that would fall due to the dline depth. Maybe that’s why he went back but he is extremely talented and someone I will watch next year. 

The only thing I don't like about this is that Safety isn't addressed until Day 3. Justice Smith is incredibly underrated and would be a great change-of-pace back IMHO. VERY dangerous in the screen game and has excellent field vision. Irv Smith Jr. is the type of TE this offense desperately needs. Bring back Lewis, Tonyan, and...yes...Graham and we're set at TE both short-term and long-term. Not really a fan of Samuel, but I saw a good amount of him before his injury to be happy with him replacing Cobb. David Edwards not the best OT to come out, but he's the solid 2nd round player you want along the OL like Chad Clifton and Daryn Colledge were for us when healthy.

Also, no need to get rid of Jake Ryan.

37 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Ryan wise...they have Morrison under contract.  Do you really need two of them?

23 minutes ago, Joe said:

Ryan is much better than Morrison.

Pre injury?  Probably.

Post injury?  Free agent contract versus a guy under contract for about $700k?

If it were a wash?  I'd go Ryan, but I'm still not sure you need two of those guys.

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Pre injury?  Probably.

Post injury?  Free agent contract versus a guy under contract for about $700k?

If it were a wash?  I'd go Ryan, but I'm still not sure you need two of those guys.

I lean Morrison over Ryan after the injury. 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

The only thing I don't like about this is that Safety isn't addressed until Day 3. Justice Smith is incredibly underrated and would be a great change-of-pace back IMHO. VERY dangerous in the screen game and has excellent field vision. Irv Smith Jr. is the type of TE this offense desperately needs. Bring back Lewis, Tonyan, and...yes...Graham and we're set at TE both short-term and long-term. Not really a fan of Samuel, but I saw a good amount of him before his injury to be happy with him replacing Cobb. David Edwards not the best OT to come out, but he's the solid 2nd round player you want along the OL like Chad Clifton and Daryn Colledge were for us when healthy.

Also, no need to get rid of Jake Ryan.

Safety is addressed through free agency with Boston. Plus with Tramon coming back I would have him stay at safety. Harris is a solid and consistent player. An exceptional tackler but not as good as a high safety. I am thinking a solid back up for strong safety.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I lean breaking out of the 70's and getting LB's for this century

We did kind of start that with Burks, but we shall see what the Packers brass thinks of him heading into the offseason. He really did not get that much playtime over Morrison.

Someone posted an article from the Athletic that our defense was dead last on first downs.

No such thing as first down LB's anymore. Teams will just torch you via the pass on first down. I don't care if it might snow in December. Time to break out of the stone age

4 hours ago, LuckyIrish23 said:

Safety is addressed through free agency with Boston. Plus with Tramon coming back I would have him stay at safety. Harris is a solid and consistent player. An exceptional tackler but not as good as a high safety. I am thinking a solid back up for strong safety.

True, but Boston isn't exactly starter material. Tramon may have the ball skills, but he has way too many miles on him to use them. We need an impact player at that position.

Archived