Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WindyCity

Biggs: Donatell Interviewed, Pagano Interest

Recommended Posts

Both guys would be good scheme and culture fits.

 

This defense is a bunch of trained killers they don’t need a rah rah psychopath jumping around and swearing.

This defense is full of quiet assasins, Mack, Roquan, Floyd, Fuller, Goldman, I don’t think Prince swears.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donatell makes a lot of sense if the Bears stay in house. Still don't think the defense will regress if they make the right hire as only two defensive players are heading towards 30. Hicks and Prince.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think both would be fine, but I think we have to brace for a defense that's not as good as 18s unit, I mean even with Vic staying that would be hard to match

 

19 has got to be an offensive year, if the defense is top 10 were lucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think both would be fine, but I think we have to brace for a defense that's not as good as 18s unit, I mean even with Vic staying that would be hard to match

 

19 has got to be an offensive year, if the defense is top 10 were lucky

Agreed that 2019 needs to be an offensive-driven year.

 

Chuck Pagano... what happened to this dude? He coordinated the #3 ranked defense (points allowed) in his one season as a DC for Baltimore. Improved the Colts defense from 28th, to 21t, to 9th. Then things went downhill -- 19, 25, 22, 30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bears defense might not get as many INT's but shouldn't regress in terms of yards or points allowed at all. Turnovers can come and go.The case can be made that all of Smith,Floyd and Nichols can get better. Floyd had a very good 2nd half of the season. Elite defenses can play that way for 3-5 years before tailing off as only Hicks and Prince are  near 30.

 

The offense has to get better to win a Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, G08 said:

Agreed that 2019 needs to be an offensive-driven year.

 

Chuck Pagano... what happened to this dude? He coordinated the #3 ranked defense (points allowed) in his one season as a DC for Baltimore. Improved the Colts defense from 28th, to 21t, to 9th. Then things went downhill -- 19, 25, 22, 30.

Pagano is good enough to coordinate good players. The Colts just didn't draft that well at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's safe to say one way or the other Donatell is going to be a DC either here or in Denver...the one concern is we give Donatell the job and Fangio then comes for all the other assistants...how deep is Donatell's contact list to build a full staff?...with Pagano we know that wouldn't be an issue but we would probably have zero continuity...

The one thing Pagano has a big edge on is Nagy can leave him to it when it comes to running the D and focus on nothing but the offence like Vic did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donatell was my top choice, especially after Bowles went to Tampa, so was glad to see this news. Donatell and Jay Rodgers are two coaches I really want to see stick around.

Pagano seems like a real players' coach too so can understand why the Bears would want to take a look, style is likely similar to that of Nagy's. Happy to see we're not getting linked with Gregg Williams (apologies if I've now jinxed it).

I don't think the defense was ever going to be as good in 2019 as it was this season, it's so hard to replicate the level of success we had. The offense I'm confident will catch up though, we can still be a very good team even with the defense playing at a lower level (though I'd still expect us to be a top-10 D purely on talent - only Amos that's out of contract, every other starter will be back). As much continuity as possible will be a big help though, come on Ed, stay with your boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, G08 said:

Agreed that 2019 needs to be an offensive-driven year.

 

Chuck Pagano... what happened to this dude? He coordinated the #3 ranked defense (points allowed) in his one season as a DC for Baltimore. Improved the Colts defense from 28th, to 21t, to 9th. Then things went downhill -- 19, 25, 22, 30.

What happened? Ryan Grigson happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What happened? Ryan Grigson happened

I was about to say. That's where it starts and ends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both would be really good choices, I'm cool with either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it's safe to say one way or the other Donatell is going to be a DC either here or in Denver...the one concern is we give Donatell the job and Fangio then comes for all the other assistants...how deep is Donatell's contact list to build a full staff?...with Pagano we know that wouldn't be an issue but we would probably have zero continuity...

The one thing Pagano has a big edge on is Nagy can leave him to it when it comes to running the D and focus on nothing but the offence like Vic did.

That's the thing, Fangio can't touch any of our coaches unless we give him permission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think both would be fine, but I think we have to brace for a defense that's not as good as 18s unit, I mean even with Vic staying that would be hard to match

 

19 has got to be an offensive year, if the defense is top 10 were lucky

There is way too much talent on this team not to be top 10.

G08 and I could coordinate them into the top 10.

They won't be historic, they may not be #1, but they are going to be a top 5 defense. They return almost everyone and they are young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

What happened? Ryan Grigson happened

Luck missed almost 30 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×