GDT [Divisional Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams

canadaluvsdallas

24 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Defense was gased. It is why even Smith had to rest a bit while Lee played. Our defense got punched in the mouth and stayed down.

I honestly never thought our defense would be the reason we lost a game.

I was quite surprised too. Honestly, that bye week made a world of difference. Our OL looked gassed near the end of the year. Sullivan, in particular, looked washed up. Giving them that week off seems to have energized them. 

21 minutes ago, Northland said:

Losing sucks but I think the future looks good. We are the third youngest team in the NFL.  Our season looked lost at 3-5 but we turned it around.  Based on that Garrett keeps his job.  Linehan will be sacrificed.  In no particular order we need:

The OL to get and stay healthy.  We found a solid player in Looney.  If Frederick comes back the OL will be stronger.

Find a veteran backup.

Hire an OC who is inventive and creative.  I don't know who that is.

Find an experienced QB coach.

Promote Richard to DC/Assistant Head Coach.  We don't want to lose him.

Sign a productive TE.

Safety play has to improve.  Is it ET?

Watch the continued development of Gallup.

Todd Monken would be a nice hire imo. He's still on the market and coordinated one of the best offenses this year. He's brilliant and innovative with passing attacks. 

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

This just feels surreal. It makes no sense that the defense had that showing. None.

I'm quite surprised too. I didn't expect our OL to dominate the way they did. McVay is such a genius. I'm not even trying to be a jerk here. Sometimes, the other coach and team just executes better.

28 minutes ago, Northland said:

Losing sucks but I think the future looks good. We are the third youngest team in the NFL.  Our season looked lost at 3-5 but we turned it around.  Based on that Garrett keeps his job.  Linehan will be sacrificed.  In no particular order we need:

The OL to get and stay healthy.  We found a solid player in Looney.  If Frederick comes back the OL will be stronger.

Find a veteran backup.

Hire an OC who is inventive and creative.  I don't know who that is.

Find an experienced QB coach.

Promote Richard to DC/Assistant Head Coach.  We don't want to lose him.

Sign a productive TE.

Safety play has to improve.  Is it ET?

Watch the continued development of Gallup.

Haven't we heard this before???

agree with the rest though.

14 minutes ago, JWingate said:

Dallas got beat playing their game. We lost the time of possession and couldn't run the ball. The offense is to blame because they couldn't control the clock and didn't allow the defense to breath. The defense deserves the blame because they didn't nut up in the playoffs and stop the first thing you had on the game plan which was the run game. 

I strongly believe Linehan needs to go because he wasn't creative nor did he use one of our strongest plays in this game the zone run. The defense was beat up front which is Marinelli, this defense could not get a push on a very good OL, but this defense is suppose to be elite so it shouldn't matter.  I would love for this team to find a more innovative play caller and have Marinelli go into an advisory roll.

The reason I am behind Garrett is because this team could have easily been deflated in this game and given up, but you never saw that. This team like always fought tooth and nail to try and win this game. I also believe Dak played fairly well other than a few errant throws. 

This team is not too far off they have a few weaknesses and are very young. The future is bright. Bring in Earl Thomas, Get healthy on the OL, Get another play maker, Get deeper along to DL.

They should have come prepared to start the game. That's on Garrett. He stuck with Linehan and decided to hire Kellen Moore and other scrubs as coaches. If he is really that timid and won't raise expectations then he should go too.

The Rams were the better team on the field tonight, and were the better team all season. Great season for my Boys though. To pull their "johnson" out of the dirt when they were 3-5 and go on to win the division showed some real character. Time to build next years team and go for it again.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I was quite surprised too. Honestly, that bye week made a world of difference. Our OL looked gassed near the end of the year. Sullivan, in particular, looked washed up. Giving them that week off seems to have energized them. 

Todd Monken would be a nice hire imo. He's still on the market and coordinated one of the best offenses this year. He's brilliant and innovative with passing attacks. 

I'm quite surprised too. I didn't expect our OL to dominate the way they did. McVay is such a genius. I'm not even trying to be a jerk here. Sometimes , the other coach and team just executes better.

definitely this..

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They should have come prepared to start the game. That's on Garrett. He stuck with Linehan and decided to hire Kellen Moore and other scrubs as coaches. If he is really that timid and won't raise expectations then he should go too.

another reason why I want JG gone. good points.

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

another reason why I want JG gone. good points.

You know Rod for all the crap people say usually gets his defense ready to play. JG had no problem hiring Richard and placing his job in jeopardy. But with Linehan he only seemed to hire the most base coaches and ones that would have no shot at un seating him as OC. I wonder if that's by Linehan's design and JG just let him do it.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You know Rod for all the crap people say usually gets his defense ready to play. JG had no problem hiring Richard and placing his job in jeopardy. But with Linehan he only seemed to hire the most base coaches and ones that would have no shot at un seating him as OC. I wonder if that's by Linehan's design and JG just let him do it.

interesting. Never thought of it that way. you may be on to something.

Either way JG is the man in charge of that. and SL blew up in his face. So JG has to have at least some, if not all of blame.

Archived