GDT [Divisional Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams

canadaluvsdallas

Just now, Northland said:

Here's what I'm taking away from last night:

Don't underestimate the value of a truly creative coach and game plan.

Getting the bye week is a huge bonus.

While I'm remaining positive I"m getting tired of wait until next year.

Have to wait for 2 more years.

Based on our recent trends, next year is our down year.

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Have to wait for 2 more years.

Based on our recent trends, next year is our down year.

Things will be tough next year.  The Eagles will be very good and I don't expect the Redskins to be slaughtered by injuries again.  I expect Washington to be very competitive.

38 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

How can we have the 3rd youngest team but yet have FA screw us. I seems to me those two variables are very incompatible with each other.

This is your fault anyway for delaying the GDT>

It's whatever. I know I'll be here for the draft season. I know I'll be here for the off-season. And I know I'll be here for the season opener. But I'll need a football break.

Hey I bought the 2nd playoff win in 10 years and Dak's first. You need a break too

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

been there, done this, you'll be back. We like the suffering on here

100% I’ll be back... just gut wrenching. I hate to be that guy that complains about reffing, BUT that call on Byron Jones and the early whistle ok the Dak sack....brutal.

56 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

It's whatever. I know I'll be here for the draft season. I know I'll be here for the off-season. And I know I'll be here for the season opener. But I'll need a football break.

Hey I bought the 2nd playoff win in 10 years and Dak's first. You need a break too

Yes, yes you did and I thank you for that.

Naw...I don't a need break. To old....been down this road before. Been there for the SB's and the multiple 6-10 and 8-8 seasons consecutively. 

Hey folks, don't look now but this team has had 3 consecutive winning seasons, 2 playoff apperances, both to the Div. Round.

Last time that happened?

1991 to 1993.

Consecutive winning seasons that is.

Would have been 3 consecutive Playoff appearances if not for the 6 game whammy last year.

So all this talk about Dak, Zeke, Garrett, etc, they are doing something that hasn't been done in 2 and a half decades.

Patience please

Seventeen of L.A.’s 30 first downs came on the ground, which is the most rushing first downs in a playoff game since the number started being tracked in 1999. 

C.J. Anderson and Todd Gurley each ran for more than 100 yards, the first time two running backs on the same team both crossed that mark in the same playoff game in more than 20 years

during Los Angeles’s film study in the week leading up to their game against Dallas, the Rams discovered that the Cowboys defensive line was tipping whether they were going to stunt based on how they aligned before the snap.

Depending on the alignment of the Cowboys defensive tackles, particularly whether Maliek Collins was shaded closer to the tackle instead of the guard, the Rams figured a stunt may be coming. If the Rams saw Collins lined up slightly wider than usual, they looked for a second tell. If a certain Cowboys lineman had a specific hand on the ground—right or left—or if a player was tilted one way or the other, it confirmed what the Cowboys defensive line was going to do.

“They have good players, but we just felt scheme-wise we were able to—we had a lot of tips and tells on what they were going to do in front of us,” said Rams center John Sullivan

18 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

during Los Angeles’s film study in the week leading up to their game against Dallas, the Rams discovered that the Cowboys defensive line was tipping whether they were going to stunt based on how they aligned before the snap.

Depending on the alignment of the Cowboys defensive tackles, particularly whether Maliek Collins was shaded closer to the tackle instead of the guard, the Rams figured a stunt may be coming. If the Rams saw Collins lined up slightly wider than usual, they looked for a second tell. If a certain Cowboys lineman had a specific hand on the ground—right or left—or if a player was tilted one way or the other, it confirmed what the Cowboys defensive line was going to do.

“They have good players, but we just felt scheme-wise we were able to—we had a lot of tips and tells on what they were going to do in front of us,” said Rams center John Sullivan

That's disheartening. God forbid we make adjustments.

Just read an article stating that Marcus Peters was up in arms about Cooper telling the media that he knows Peters’ tendencies from time spent in the AFC west. The article warned future receivers to avoid angering Peters because he rises to the occasion. Peters was trash talking a lot after the game, with this being the theme.

What a joke. I came away from that game thinking Peters was one of the worst players on the Rams’ defense. Did he not get beaten several times for big plays..? That interview from Cooper also wasn’t disrespectful in the least. The guy is a clown.

2 hours ago, anthbes said:

100% I’ll be back... just gut wrenching. I hate to be that guy that complains about reffing, BUT that call on Byron Jones and the early whistle ok the Dak sack....brutal.

Perfectly fair to complain about. That terrible officiating accounted for one of the Rams touchdowns and at the very least took 3 points from Dallas (possibly 7). If not for that, it’s very possible that we’re talking about a Cowboys victory. That’s part of what makes this loss so tough.

4 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Yep. Hopefully our "window" to make a Championship Game will still be open by then 

Doesnt matter. We draft well. Just keep replacing players and rotating this vicious cycle over and over again.

Archived