GDT [Divisional Round]: Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Rams

canadaluvsdallas

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Just read an article stating that Marcus Peters was up in arms about Cooper telling the media that he knows Peters’ tendencies from time spent in the AFC west. The article warned future receivers to avoid angering Peters because he rises to the occasion. Peters was trash talking a lot after the game, with this being the theme.

What a joke. I came away from that game thinking Peters was one of the worst players on the Rams’ defense. Did he not get beaten several times for big plays..? That interview from Cooper also wasn’t disrespectful in the least. The guy is a clown.

I can't stand Peters. He screws our defense by freelancing, takes plays off, and doesn't like to tackle. 

2 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Perfectly fair to complain about. That terrible officiating accounted for one of the Rams touchdowns and at the very least took 3 points from Dallas (possibly 7). If not for that, it’s very possible that we’re talking about a Cowboys victory. That’s part of what makes this loss so tough.

Come on. Byron Jones committed the penalty. And you're conveniently forgetting about the DPI on Talib on 4th down that gave you a TD.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I can't stand Peters. He screws our defense by freelancing, takes plays off, and doesn't like to tackle. 

Come on. Byron Jones committed the penalty. And you're conveniently forgetting about the DPI on Talib on 4th down that gave you a TD.

I mean, maybe I’d have to go back and look, but was it not a bit questionable? As in Byron barely touched the guy? Didn’t really seem like an issue of player safety in that case. I’d have to look at it again though. At the time it just seemed like next to nothing. 

I thought the Talib call was maybe a little questionable as well, but was he not purely pushing Cooper around while the ball was headed his direction? 

5 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean, maybe I’d have to go back and look, but was it not a bit questionable? As in Byron barely touched the guy? Didn’t really seem like an issue of player safety in that case. I’d have to look at it again though. At the time it just seemed like next to nothing. 

I thought the Talib call was maybe a little questionable as well, but was he not purely pushing Cooper around while the ball was headed his direction? 

Jones hit him square in the face and turned Cooks' head. Even Richard was screaming at him not to hit him in the face after he did it. On the Talib call, it was difficult to tell. He definitely pushed him out of bounds. It looked be right around the time Dak released the ball. But if he pushed him before Dak released it, it was legal. It was bang-bang, and the throw was way short. I'm just saying that there were missed calls going both directions. You just happened to have a former QB in the booth who liked to point out the ones that went against y'all. ;)

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Jones hit him square in the face and turned Cooks' head. Even Richard was screaming at him not to hit him in the face after he did it. On the Talib call, it was difficult to tell. He definitely pushed him out of bounds. It looked be right around the time Dak released the ball. But if he pushed him before Dak released it, it was legal. It was bang-bang, and the throw was way short. I'm just saying that there were missed calls going both directions. You just happened to have a former QB in the booth who liked to point out the ones that went against y'all. ;)

For whatever reason I just remember it as Byron slightly grazing his face mask. At the time it didn’t seem impactful. 

I do agree that the officiating went both ways at times, it just seemed that the calls against Dallas were especially impactful. It just kind of gives you a “what if” kind of feeling.. not that Dallas deserved to sneak away with a victory anyway. 

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

Yea, by the letter it was a penalty. I thought I saw like a single finger maybe get into the facemask and turn his head ever slightly.

It's not so much the quality of the call if you will, or if it was correct as much as it was the timing of them.

quality of the call....good way to put it. 

Dallas deserved the L given the marathon's worth of rushing yards they allowed, but the Jones penalty, the fantom sack and the missed mugging on Charlton were big game changers. 

30 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

quality of the call....good way to put it. 

Dallas deserved the L given the marathon's worth of rushing yards they allowed, but the Jones penalty, the fantom sack and the missed mugging on Charlton were big game changers. 

Nah, we gotta play better than the refs. 

That loss was all on us. We just didn't show up yesterday. Run defense specifically.

I mean I have hope again for next season for different reasons. but what happened on the field yesterday in our run defense needs no excuses, we just got beat there and thats where the game ended.

33 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Nah, we gotta play better than the refs. 

That loss was all on us. We just didn't show up yesterday. Run defense specifically.

I mean I have hope again for next season for different reasons. but what happened on the field yesterday in our run defense needs no excuses, we just got beat there and thats where the game ended.

I get the playing better part. Going to lose 99 times out of a 100 when getting beat that badly in the trenches. But, when you're already playing a very good team, 3 calls like that make an uphill battle an even bigger climb. 

18 minutes ago, D82 said:

Every fan has to suffer at some point I guess. Some just have to do it less than others. That's what makes it sweet winning a championship. You never know when it's coming. Hang in tight for the highs and lows.

All the rams fans enjoying themselves right now had to suffer years of great talent being used for mediocre execution for years so they could finally cheer for 1 NFC championship after 17 years. It's tough to put in things in perspective right now but it's the most important time.

History is made so young ones like me can go look back and admire greatness. We have had a lot to be thankful for :) 

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

Game was won for the Rams at the LOS. Here is a few HOFS talking about NT and DT. 

No need to listen to Shannon Sharpe. Hated on us at 3-5. Hated on us at 6-5. Hated on us at 10-6. Hated on us after the seahawks win.

As a young fan I learned something super valuable this year. Super unoriginal. But don't listen to the haters. 

7 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Technically both were penalties though yes Byron has his hands hit up  of the shoulders to the the head them off the  Talib was for sure a PI I would want called any time and see called all the time what I am upset about was if you call hands face  you have to call the two or three times I saw defenders hands brush Dak’s face mask and the helmet to helmet hit at the goal line not called and the two or three early starts by the left side of the OL and the false start where the OL moved after we got back to our side (same play called other way against us vrs Seattle)

listen no way did the refs cost us this GAME we were outplayed for sure but it’s just frustrating when the refs pile on at seemingly key moments. And Dallas fans like most all fans get upset by obvious huge bad calls that seem to stand out in key moments 

Archived